18. {senior scribe}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

it was the last night of summer and moonee zhao-mccall was sat in front of a large tree in the beacon hills preserve. she had been scrolling through her phone, ignoring the pleads of her friend, liam dunbar. the boy was chained to the tree by two seniors and was growing sick of it.

things had changed throughout the past few months. moonee now considers liam as her friend, meaning she now had three friends her own age.

speaking of age, the mccall girl was now fifteen. since she was, the girl had begged and pleaded melissa for a change. the woman had allowed her to dye a streak of her dark brown hair blue while piercing her nostril. not only had her appearance changed, but moonee was slightly kinder.

"moonee, please."

slightly.

"dunbar, i'm clearly busy." moonee dismissed him, "do you think i should post this photo?" she held her phone up, displaying a selfie she took.

"i don't care." liam dunbar grunted.

"should i tag you?" moonee asked while smiling to herself, she was enjoying his torture.

"whatever."

"think it's been long enough?" stiles stilinski's voice was heard.

"yes!" liam yelled out, clearly tired of being chained to the tree.

stiles and his best friend, scott mccall, both turned around to face the two newly sophomores.

"hey! we're trying to have an adult conversation here."

"alright, you're two years older than me." liam rolled his eyes, "and i'm fine, just let me go."

"it's not that we don't trust you-" scott started while he and stiles walked over to them.

"it's that i don't trust you." stiles spoke up.

"but after that last full moon..." scott trailed off as he unlocked the chains holding liam.

"it was one slip-up!" liam defended himself.

"a slip-up? a dozen calls to the sheriff's department about a monstrous dog boy running around the streets of beacon hills?" stiles rambled, exasperatedly. "naked? what makes it even worse is that you were one of those callers."

moonee glanced up to see stiles pointing at her. she held her hands up in defence, "i was half asleep and scared. besides, i didn't know it was liam."

"yeah, yeah."

"why were you naked?" scott asked his beta.

"it was really hot out that night, okay?" liam said, sheepishly. he then remembered the state he was in, "let me go!"