39. {the beast of gevaudan}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

dark moonee stood to her feet, gazing at the dread doctors with slight fear rising inside her.

"they wanted us here." theo sighed in defeat.

"liam, try to get that thing out of mason's neck." scott ordered.

"it's cool when he does it? but it's a problem when i offered?" dark moonee scoffed, "right."

"theo... theo raeken..." the surgeon spoke.

"he's coming with us." theo told him.

"failure. theo raeken..."

"i'm not a failure." theo replied, his voice quiet as the remark visibly hurt him.

while scott and theo dealt with the doctors, liam still tried to remove the plug, which caused mason to yell in agony until liam stopped. he looked guilty at the pain he was causing him. dark moonee shifted her attention from the doctors, back to the two boys.

"liam..." mason panted. "get out of here. just go!"

"not a complete failure. we learned from you." the surgeon continued. "example: moonee zhao... success."

dark moonee placed a hand over her heart with a smile of pride. while theo was both upset and angry about his words, and scott tried his best to talk him down in a low voice.

"theo, he's trying to get to you. this is what they want!" scott exclaimed. "don't give it to them! we can't beat them."

"the mark of a true failure- repeating the same mistake again and again."

"we're taking mason." theo finalised.

theo then wolfed out in preparation for a fight against the doctors. liam, who had yet to be able to remove the plug from mason's neck, look at Scott with worry.

"and then, i'm taking what's mine." theo announced before growling at the doctors menacingly. "let him go."

"you have the entitlement and narcissism typical of your generation." the surgeon insulted. "in that, you are a profound success."

liam attempted again in pulling out the plug, but mason cried out in agony. "scott! scott, i... i can't get it out. i don't know what to do."

scott rushed over to liam to help him and glanced up at his sister. "moon."

"you could-you could use your aerokinesis and attempt to drag it out." liam suggested.

dark moonee was quite taken aback by liam's new knowledge of her abilities. but ever since he found out about her powers, he had been doing research.

despite this, dark moonee didn't feel like helping. "sorry, that offer already expired."

"do you want him to shift into the beast?!" scott yelled at her.