28. {mercury poisoning}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"your parents love me." moonee shook her head in disbelief as she strolled beside franchie.

"they're scared of you." franchie corrected her.

"can't blame them." hayden spoke as she, liam and mason walked over to them.

"who's scared of moon?" mason questioned.

"franchie's parents apparently." moonee shrugged.

"why?" liam chimed in.

"she was at my house for dinner yesterday because she claimed-" franchie began.

"i hadn't seen them for ages, i missed them." moonee admitted, "but when i got there-"

"my dad opened the door with literal fear in his eyes." franchie laughed, cutting her off, "and my mom was trembling while she gave moonee her plate."

"wow moon, what have you done to them?" hayden joked.

she shrugged, "i'm pretty sure they watched me have an intense rage outburst a few weeks ago and have never looked at me the same."

"that's-"

mason was cut off by moonee shrieking loudly. unexpectedly, she had been picked up into the air by xan which made her scream out in surprise.

with xan was her best friend- sonny rutherford. sonny was a boring tanned, blonde boy with barely any personality to him - in moonee's opinion.

once moonee was placed onto the ground, xan quickly pecked her cheek. liam looked at the two in perplexity, weren't they on the verge of a breakup? he had clearly missed something.

"hi babe." xan greeted her girlfriend.

"hey guys." sonny greeted the group he had become familiar with.

"hi."

"hello."

"hey."

it was awkward. the two groups clashed, the only common interest was moonee and xan. at that moment, xan was being extremely affectionate, but moonee didn't seem to notice. it was unusual as things had been tense since the big argument.

"you want sonny and i to walk you to class?" xan offered.

moonee glanced at her group for their permission, and the three nodded. liam didn't. he just blankly gazed at the girlfriends.

"i'll see you guys later." moonee waved at them. xan's arm snaked around her waist, making her giggle.

mason, fran, hayden and liam watched moonee walk off with the blonde boy and the brunette with coloured highlights in her hair. hayden observed the slightly glum look on liam's face and shook her head.