41. {worst date ever}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

it was nightfall, and fallen leaves were blowing in the wind as thunder rumbled overhead. moonee zhao-mccall stood near an old, light blue ford truck on the side of the road. she glanced down near the rear tire on the driver's side, where liam dunbar was kneeling beside it.

"what?" she questioned.

liam looked over at her. he could already hear the 'i told you so'. the boy was embarrassed, embarrassed that his girlfriend was right. again. "nothing." he sighed.

"we should have taken my car, like i said to you... several times." moonee groaned. "when am i ever wrong, dunbar?"

moonee's 'car' was really just her mother's old one that she had been using to practice driving. the girl had failed her driver's test once and nearly destroyed the car in anger. however, she knew she would pass the next time.

"it's a new car!" liam exclaimed. his car was in much better shape than moonee's. he knew deep down that her grey bmw five series wouldn't have done much better than his truck, but he would never tell her that.

"yeah, it was new to someone..." moonee agreed. "like two decades ago.."

liam rolled his eyes, moving to the trunk of the car. "ha-ha." he fake laughed. "ironic you say that, seeing as your car is a hand-me-down."

moonee gasped. "you take that back right now!"

"nuh-uh." liam shook his head, glad he was able to annoy her.

"it was a gift for my sixteenth birthday!" moonee snapped.

the smile wiped off liam's face when he saw the trunk was empty. he sheepishly returned to moonee, and clicked his tongue before he finally spoke:

"there's no jack." he disclosed.

"that's fine, i've got one." moonee gave him a precious smile, striding over to the passenger's seat.

"you have?!"

"yeah."

"where is it?"

"it should be near the passenger seat... of my car!" she exclaimed.

liam threw his hands up in defeat and frustration. "oh, come on!"

"yeah." she nodded, glad she proved her point. "here." the girl put her arm out, her eyes shifting to grey.

liam noticed the colour change and smiled. "thanks."

moonee nodded her head, pulling her arm up and slowly rising the front bumper of the car. "just grab the spare."

liam, thankful that she was aerokinetic, laughed as he walked back to the trunk, only to once again frown when he saw that the trunk was truly empty. he returned to the side of the truck, and moonee's expression became slightly exasperated when she realised he had come back empty-handed.