30. {conflict at the highschool}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"what's happening?" liam asked, there was a drop of black substance in hayden's fluid bag.

the five were squeezed into an elevator. franchie and hayden were in wheelchairs while liam and moonee pushed them.

"i'm not sure... but it's definitely not good." melissa confessed.

"my sister..." hayden started again, her hand reaching out for someone to hold.

moonee leaned forward and pulled franchie's hand over to hers, allowing them to bind.

"scott's out looking for her right now. he's going to bring her here as soon as he can, all right?" melissa reassured her.

once the elevator doors opened, melissa led the four sophomores into one of the abandoned rooms in the memorial hospital.

they aided her in lifting the girls on surgery tables and connecting them to monitors.

"do you think scott needs our help?" liam asked his friends - he seemed eager to confront the boy.

"probably, yeah." moonee nodded, "will you be okay, mom?"

"i'll be fine, is mason still on his way?" melissa questioned.

"yeah, he's nearly here."

"then we'll be fine."

moonee nodded and made her way over to fran. "wait, no i can't go."

"no, it's fine." franchie shook her head, "you should go."

"are you sure?" moonee asked, feeling guilty.

"of course, i'll see you after? i love you." franchie said.

"love you more." moonee repeated back, softly pecking her forehead. "i swear i'll be right back, see you in a minute?"

"in a minute." franchie agreed.

moonee blew her a kiss before going over to hayden and pecking her cheek. "you'll be okay."

"come on, moon." liam rushed her.

"i'm coming, i'm coming." moonee glared at him.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"don't be too hard on scott, he's doing the best he can." moonee explained as they approached the school door.

"he's not doing enough." liam shook his head.

moonee thrust her arm forward and pushed him into the wall with the air. the impact wasn't too harsh but he felt it.

"watch who you're talking about. he's my brother and he's your alpha, so don't disrespect him." moonee yelled, "do you have any idea what he's going through trying to save everyone?"