44. {lacrosse captain}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

early morning lacrosse practice was underway on the field, where nathan pierce had just scored a goal after tackling several people in the process, one of them being moonee. nathan looked pumped and grinned happily as coach bobby finstock yelled at the top of his lungs to congratulate him, while the team members all gathered around.

"i hate you, nathan!"

"yes!" coach shouted. "now that's what i'm talking about! that's how its done. that is captain material!"

moonee picked herself up from the ground, ripping her helmet off in agitation. "why am i just here to stand around and be knocked over?" she yelled out, walking towards her brother and coach.

"no, you're there to prevent your opponents from shooting a goal." scott sassed her. "it's your choice to stand there and do nothing."

moonee gritted her teeth, running full force at the senior. rather than tackling him to the ground as he anticipated, she wrapped her arms around him in an embrace. scott squeezed her tight, spinning her around. this was the last year she had left with her brother at school with her, she wanted every second to count.

"enough of the sappy stuff." coach groaned, holding his stomach in disgust.

"you got any siblings, coach?" moonee asked him as she was placed on the ground.

"don't worry about my personal life." he grumbled.

"okie dokie!"

just then, liam ran up in his workout gear, carrying his gloves, lacrosse stick, and helmet in his hands as he rushed to join them causing scott and their coach to shoot him a look. moonee just laughed at his tardiness, not at all surprised.

"you're late." the three spoke, simultaneously.

"which makes you, not captain material." coach concluded.

"liam is captain material!" scott spoke up, "he's-"

coach cut him off by blowing his whistle in scott's face. "let's go! gather around!"

the rest of the team members gathered around in a loose circle around them, with scott and liam on either side of coach.

"listen up- thanks to mccall's selfish desire to focus on his-" coach made sarcastic air quotes with his fingers, 'grades' and his 'graduation' we are leaderless. you want to be a champion? you want to be a hero? now's your shot. alright, all you wannabe captains, i wanna see you guys tear each other apart!"

they all went back to practicing. liam, now motivated to do as scott suggested and go after the team captain position, jumped in to play. however, he was quickly crashed to the ground by his girlfriend.