22. {dread doctors}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

moonee glanced to the ground, where lucas sat. the boy's eyes were a solid black for a few seconds and sharp stingers grew from his arm.

"what the hell?!"

brett and the scorpion boy began to fight it out. moonee watched from the sidelines like a helpless puppy, her mind was racing from the alcohol and she had no idea how to help. the second she saw lucas slice brett in the stomach with his stingers, her instincts kicked in.

the boy raised his hands, building up momentum for his final strike on brett, so she sprinted in front of him and stopped lucas' hands mid-air. suddenly, liam charged into the room and tackled lucas, managing to knock moonee down too.

"damn it, dunbar." she hissed before kicking herself up.

liam was now pinned down on the table by lucas, unable to push him off. moonee ran over and kicked the scorpion-werewolf off liam. he tumbled to the floor and she quickly help liam up. in an instant, moonee had been swiped off her feet, making her fall flat on the ground.

she rolled onto her back, groaning out in pain and saw lucas standing above her, his stingers on show. liam went to attack lucas, but he was thrown into a wall. lucas slowly placed his shoe onto moonee's wrists, securing her to the ground.

he raised his hands up, just as he previously did to brett.

"you're really heavy and you're going to break my wrists!" she yelled out in agony, she could feel her bones moving as if they were going to snap in a second.

the string curtains pulled open, revealing scott and kira.

"you're a little late!"

scott had jumped on one of the beams, using it to swing around and kick lucas off his sister. once moonee was free, her arms felt like they were on fire. with tears prickling her eyes, she crawled over to the corner, beside brett, fran and mason.

she watched the fight go on, upset she was weak and unable to help.

"are you okay?" fran asked her as the boy beside her winced in pain. fran moved over to moonee and began softly stroking her head, attempting to comfort heer.

"yeah... i'm alright. are you, brett?" she spoke softly before turning to the boy.

"mhm, just a scratch." he nodded, "what the hell is that thing?"

"no idea."

"do you mind if i..." she didn't finish her question and decided to do it anyways. moonee reached over to the cut part of brett's t-shirt and ripped it off.

"moonee?" he questioned in confusion.

"i need to secure my arm in place i-in case it's fractured," she explained, "so it can heal as quickly as possible." even drunk, it was clear she knew what to do.