24. {xan's jealousy}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"m, you awake?" a voice asked after knocking her bedroom door twice.

a freshly fourteen-year-old moonee groaned, "isaac, i'm trying to sleep."

"school starts in less than 30 minutes!" isaac lahey exclaimed from outside her door.

"how do you even know this?"

"can i come in?"

"whatever." she mumbled, stuffing her face into her pillow.

when the boy walked in, he saw moonee snuggled into her bed. her room was slightly messy, and her bed was too.

"your attendance is shocking." isaac started, joking around. "your school called your mom just last night to tell her how many late marks you have."

moonee rolled her eyes, she sat up to see isaac leaning on her doorframe like he did almost every morning since he moved in with them. she put her arm up, using the air to throw a pillow at him.

with his werewolf reflexes, isaac managed to dodge the rapidly flying pillow.

"you're not funny." moonee told him, rolling out of bed. "what do you want?"

"i think scott's mad at me." isaac admitted to her, watching her stroll past.

"probably because you're crushing on his ex-girlfriend." moonee suggested, striding into her bathroom. she turned the tap on and placed her toothbrush under it.

"he said it was fine... many times!" isaac defended himself.

"and did he mean it?" moonee asked, exiting the small bathroom with her purple toothbrush in her mouth.

"that's why i'm going to ask now."

"this early morning?" moonee groaned, "i'm guessing you need to me to stand beside you, hoping he doesn't throw you... once again."

"exactly. let's go." isaac nodded, stepping out of her room.

moonee sighed, trailing behind the older boy like she normally does. she stood right behind him as they approached scott's room and stayed in the same place when the door unlocked.

"hey..." isaac greeted, bringing his fist down quickly. he had reached to knock on the door, but scott had opened it before he had the chance.

"oh. hey." scott looks surprised to see the boy standing outside his room.