53. {liam can't ride a horse}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i hate horses." liam groaned, leaning over the bleachers of the lacrosse field.

"so this is your big plan?" moonee questioned, "jump off from here, land onto the horse and ride into the night sky?"

"ride into the hunt." liam corrected her, ready to leap off of the balcony. he was quickly dragged back by a ghost rider and the boy struggled to get the upper hand before theo came to his rescue.

"hey! you two made it out!" liam smiled after his coughing fit resided. he was happy to see francesca.

"yeah, barely!" theo panted, his arms around the ghost rider.

"you left her with him?!" moonee shouted, smacking her boyfriend's chest before quickly embracing her best friend. "my sweet baby angel with a cruel devil."

"cruel devil?" theo scoffed, having literally just saved her boyfriend's life.

"i am so glad you're back." fran sighed in satisfaction, her entire body covered with dirt and pieces of her shirt were ripped.

"you're not the only one to say that today." moonee joked as she glared at theo.

"i didn't leave her." liam shook his head a. "she chose to go with him."

"yeah, to save you." fran shrugged.

"hey, moonee." theo gave her a smile. "lovely to see—"

"shut up!"

"okay!" he nodded. "so, what's the plan?"

"uh, we steal the horse and get into the hunt." liam explained.

theo groaned. "you're kidding, right? we went through all this to keep you from being taken!"

"you need a hand?" liam asked, gesturing to the thrashing ghost rider in the chimera's arms.

"i'm good." theo told him. "then go, already! go!"

"it's okay, you can go." franchie reassured her friend.

moonee gave her a grateful smile before liam placed an arm around her waist, ran to the edge of the bleachers and jumped off.

theo let go of the ghost rider, restraining its arms instead. he gave franchie a nod before she closed her eyes and shifted into her werejaguar form. the girl let out a growl before she kicked the ghost rider in its head, knocking it unconscious.

"nice." theo nodded, noticing her improvement. back when she was part of his chimera pack, she was a little weak with combat.

"why, thank you." franchie smiled. the two rushed over to the edge and peeked down to see how their friends were doing.