12. {moonee's goal}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

stiles entered the locker room with moonee flung over his shoulder and liam following right behind. after the whole fight for satomi's pack, she had gotten no sleep the night before as she had been messaging brett the whole time.

"everything's fine. i got a text from him this morning, and he said he might be a little late." stiles explained as he placed moonee onto the metal bench.

"thanks." she grumbled, "surprised you were able to lift me."

"shut up."

she had already gotten changed in the girls' locker room, but fell to the floor, due to exhaustion, the second she left the room.

"well, how late is late?" liam panicked.

"calm down." moonee rolled her eyes, "he's just on a date with kira."

"is he always late?"

"he mostly sleeps over at hers after." moonee mumbled, "maybe they're running a little behind."

"we're playing devenford prep again, and this time it's an actual game." liam explained, "he shouldn't be late!"

"who shouldn't be late?" coach butted in.

"scott and kira." liam sighed.

"they might be slightly late." stiles added.

"s-s-slightly late is still late." coach pointed out, "what are they doing?"

"uh... they're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." stiles explained.

"mccall number two?" coach asked the younger girl.

"they're slightly late due to... what they're doing." she said to him as she nodded, rapidly.

"what could scott and kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" coach exclaimed.

"oh, coach..."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"they're still not here." liam stated as he looked around.

they were now outside, waiting for the match to start. liam had still been worrying about kira and scott, stiles had been trying to reassure him while moonee was staring into space.

"okay, what's really going on?" stiles sighed, "are you nervous about the full moon? it's not for another twenty-four hours." stiles reminded him.

liam looked over to the dark sky, the moon was on full display.

"liam, you're gonna be fine. okay?" stiles comforted him, "just try not to rage out on anyone."

"you're not worried?"