46. {gwen's protection party}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

malia pulled her locker open, to stash her books inside. beside her was scott, who had just arrived to tell her about how sheriff stilinski had declined their request to see his father.

but malia was able to guess what he would say before scott told her. "stilinski said no, didn't he?"

scott sighed. "yeah."

"but we're going anyway?"

"yeah."

the girl closed her locker, revealing liam leaning on the locker beside hers. beside him was moonee, who was clinging onto his arm. usually, she wasn't a fan of public displays of affection, but from time to time she did like to rub it in scott's face.

"do you guys always have to be attatched to the hip?" scott questioned, falling right into her trap. "we get it, you're dating." it took him a while to get used to his werewolf beta and his younger sister being in a relationship.

"but how will you know if we're not always making physical contact with each other?" moonee teased.

"oh, i don't know." scott thought for a second. "maybe liam's nails?"

moonee glanced down at her boyfriend's painted nails. the girl had gone through many different coloured highlights in her hair and the boy chose to paint his nails the matching colour. when she revealed she would next be doing pink, he begged for a nude palette. unfortunately, his wish was not granted as the next day she showed up in his house with hot pink highlights and a matching bottle of nail polish.

"yeah." moonee nodded, "maybe."

"malia, you could stay here and help us convince gwen she's in danger." liam offered.

hayden had finally told her friends everything that was happening with gwen. liam, taking the role of the next alpha very seriously, made it his duty to protect her.

"it's not your job to convince her." scott advised him, "it's your job to keep her safe."

"just kidnap her." malia suggested.

the two juniors began to follow their senior friends out of the school. they were headed to visit the sheriff's dad, despite them being warned not to.

"lia, you amaze me everyday." moonee smiled at her, now clinging onto her tightly.

"thanks."

"do not kidnap her." scott warned the two, aimed at his sister especially.

"just like how you kidnapped liam after biting him." moonee reminded him.

scott paused. "that was different."

"no it wasn't."

"was."