14. {la iglesia}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"keep going!" derek yelled to his girlfriend.

braeden looked back at the four, sceptically, but increased the speed of the car. liam shouted in derek's face, attempting to claw him.

"liam! liam!" derek called to him, "zhao, don't let go."

as stiles and her were squashed together in the corner of the van, moonee had her right arm out, using the air to keep liam back.

"we're almost there!" braeden said to them.

"keep focus!" derek yelled.

"derek, i don't think 'alpha, beta, omega' is resonating with him." stiles voiced out.

"really, what makes you say that?" moonee glared at him through her grey-coloured eyes.

"you know any other mantras?" derek scoffed as he struggled with liam.

stiles thought for a second, "yeah. i do. liam! liam! what three things cannot be long hidden?" stiles asked the werewolf.

"grrrrr!"

"liam! liam, look at me." stiles ordered, "what three things cannot long be hidden? what three things?"

satomi's pack. moonee recognised their mantra.

liam stopped thrashing around and began to take deep breaths, "the sun... the moon... the truth."

"that's it. say it again." stiles instructed.

"the sun... the moon... the truth."

"derek?" braeden turned back for a second.

"we're okay." derek nodded.

"sun, moon, and the truth." liam continued. his eyes were back to the light blue tone and moonee had released him from her hold.

as he took deep breaths, she reassuringly placed her hand on his knee. liam looked up at her and she gave him a small smile.

"good job."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"i can't believe i did it!" liam chuckled.

braeden had stopped the car, meaning they had arrived in mexico.

"nor can i." moonee muttered, making derek crack a smile.

for a minute there, i thought i was gonna tear the three of you apart." liam added.

"yeah, that would have made for an awkward ride home, so thanks..." stiles scratched the back of his head.

"you think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside la iglesia?" derek asked the new beta.

liam glanced up at him, he brought his hand out and showed his claws. derek nodded in satisfaction.