50. {theo raeken returns}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"the lightning strikes the rod, which sends the bolt down into the tunnel. we grab the ghost rider, push him into the bunker, and we trap him there."

mr douglas had now taken the three students into his classroom, where they were now able to talk more freely. there was an underground map of the school laying on the table as hayden explained her plan.

"okay. how do you keep him from riding the lightning back out of the tunnels before you get him into the trap?" mr douglas asked.

"well, if the lightning strikes again, it'll just hit our rod." liam explained. "he won't be close enough to grab on."

"but, shouldn't we assume the ghost riders have some kind of control over where it strikes?" mr douglas spoke.

"why would we assume that?" franchie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, her two friends mirroring her expression.

the man nervously chuckled. "just because physics can't explain it today doesn't mean there won't be a logical explanation tomorrow."

"so, if they have control, then how do we stop 'em?" liam sighed.

"we need to absorb a lightning bolt."

"can we do that?" hayden frowned.

"not with anything we have here." mr douglas shook his head. "i can't build a conduit strong enough to absorb even half that much energy."

the bell rang, and hayden quickly grabbed her map, rolling it up. the trio silently left the room, not uttering another word to their teacher as they thought about what to do next.

"instead of a conduit, maybe we can find a person to absorb the lightning." liam suggested.

hayden gave him a look. "i don't even think kira could do that."

"i mean, one time there was a live wire right outside the hospital, and she managed to absorb that." franchie told them, as they weren't in town when the event took place. "but i guess these are two different types of electricity."

"what about josh? he could like... eat electricity." liam reminded them.

"josh is dead."

"theo killed him, remember?" franchie added. "along with the rest of his chimeras."

"yeah, but his power didn't die with him..." liam hinted, insinuating that theo raeken may have the power they need to stop the ghost riders.