31. {dark moonee}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

it had been forty-seven hours since anyone last saw moonee. after she and mason had been knocked cold by xan and theo, the girl was taken to the dread doctors. there was a police search out for her though it wasn't very effective as sheriff stilinski was in a fatal condition.

scott and melissa both had trouble coping because they had no idea where she was. when scott wasn't trying to solve mysteries, he was searching for her.

liam was a total mess as guilt from the night at the high school had consumed him. he would do anything to hug moonee and apologise to her a thousand times. so, he and mason would take time out of their days to look for her too.

moonee has been injected with many different serums and had gone through a few procedures. during those forty-seven hours she was taken, she was also unconscious. meaning she didn't have any time to mourn her two friends or witness that her older brother had survived the attacks of his beta and old childhood friend.

when moonee finally woke up, her brain was adjusted, and her mind wasn't stable. she shot up from the metal table, wheezing for air. she had large bags beneath her eyes, her skin was more faded, and her hair was unkempt. the most significant modification was how much dimmer her eyes were.

she glimpsed down at her arm to see multiple scars and blotches. cringing in repulsion, the dark moonee hauled herself off the desk and stood to her feet. surprisingly, she had enough stability to stand securely.

"hello?" her voice croaked out, "is anyone here?"

a figure trekked out of the shadows, it was xan fisher. moonee let out a sigh of reassurance as she rushed over to the girl. once she was near enough, she threw herself into the girl's arms.

"i'm so glad you're here." dark moonee shut her eyes and beamed, "where's theo? has everything gone to plan?"

xan couldn't help but grin. the last time she saw moonee, the girl wanted nothing to do with her- their relationship had ended and moonee hated her guts. but this new dark moonee was on her side and seemed to still love her. her memory and thoughts had been altered: scott was no longer a brother to her, but now he was the enemy - a target.

"everything is great, scott's dead, the sheriff is hospitalised and theo is continuing his part in the plan." xan filled her in.

"great." dark moonee nodded, "and the two girls?"

"they should be up by now." xan explained.