27. {rescued by theo}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"hayden? hayden, wake up." when franchie opened her eyes, she was laying beside the romero girl.

hayden's eyes opened and when she saw who was beside her, she couldn't help but smile. "you're okay?"

"yeah, i think so." franchie nodded, "i don't know what they did to me though."

"you'll be okay. we'll be okay." hayden reassured her.

"i hope." franchie sighed, she glanced over to see liam and moonee still unconscious.

"are you a chimera?" hayden asked.

"what?" franchie was taken aback.

"you were on the operating table too, so i just thought-" hayden clarified.

"i don't know." franchie shook her head, "i don't think so." she glimpsed down at her arm to see it covered with black blood, that's what made hayden ask.

their conversation was cut short when moonee and liam began stirring awake. liam opened his eyes first, accidentally striking moonee which made her do the same.

"sorry." he groaned.

"you should be." moonee sighed while she got into a sitting position. the first thing she saw was the broken stone wall emitting a radiant glare and the fence guarding it.

they were in a basement. it was old and covered in dust.

"where are we?" she asked.

"i don't know." liam mumbled.

"where's fran and hayden?" she quizzed.

"i don't-"

"we're here." the two girls called from behind them.

moonee and liam's heads quickly whipped to the side at the sound of their voices.

"you guys okay?"

"yeah."

"i'm fine." hayden groaned, "my side kills."

"what happened to it?" moonee asked as liam got up and made his way to the fence.

"the doctors."

"liam, don't touch-." franchie warned but it was too late.

liam had placed his right hand on the metal fence and was immediately stunned. his body trembled and he fell onto his back, beside moonee again.

"she warned you." moonee shrugged.

a male voice chortled. that caught the four by surprise because none of them would have laughed at that, especially not in the situation they were in.

they all looked back to see a boy sitting peacefully in the shadows. he had dark brown hair and was gaping right at them.

"sorry, i probably should have warned you." he stated.