40. {stargazing and kisses}

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS HAD NO TITLE BEFORE???

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the pack had left moonee at the hospital with melissa, to rest after her headache had finally eased. they were still uncertain about whether they would have to deal with meaner than normal moonee or just moonee.

but the girl had departed the hospital, disregarding her mother's orders. moonee ran all the way to the underground tunnels, where she previously overheard them saying they would face sebastien valet.

once she arrived, she stopped to take a breather. "jesus... i should get tested for asthma." the girl panted as she leaned against the wall. her supernatural agility hadn't kicked in as she ran.

the place was like a maze - she had no idea where she was going. every corner she took, she would peek out to see what was out there, in case she bumped into the beast.

moonee saw theo, deucalion, argent and gerard in one corner and instantly turned away.

"liam, wait! we can still save mason!" she heard scott's voice say.

swiftly, she followed the direction his voice was coming from, striving to find him."well, who's going to save you?"

"what kind of werewolves are you?" a new voice questioned.

"no!"

when moonee rushed in, she saw liam flying backwards into the wall and the sword tossed to the corner. the grip on scott's neck tightened while both liam and moonee watched in horror. moonee quickly seized the sword and that's when liam and scott noticed her presence.

surprisingly, sebastien had reflexively let go of scott's neck. "marie-jeanne?"

scott instantly smacked sebastien's hands away from him and scampered backwards to put some space between them. as he did so, lydia and kira finally arrived, standing behind moonee.

"mason..." lydia said.

sebastien turned towards them and scoffed as he stalked over to them. kira looked alarmed as she shifted to lydia.

"i think you're gonna need to try it a little louder." kira suggested.

as sebastien's eyes began to glow blue, moonee's started to radiate orange.

sebastien chuckled. "moonee zhao-mccall."

she took a step forward, the sword in her hand and a red glow and a blazing flame in the other. "sebastien valet."

the flame made the man take a few steps back in the slightest worry, he had now recognised what she could do. in order to defend himself, sebastien began to transform into the beast, the black cloud surrounding him. as lydia took a deep breath, moonee moved to stand behind her.