43. {who's stiles?}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the five had split up, those with a supernatural sense of smell were trying to find where the blood scent had originated from, while moonee and mason trailed behind them. they jogged back over to where they started, having had no luck.

"anything?" fran questioned.

"i can't find the source." liam panted.

"it's like it's coming from everywhere." hayden sighed.

mason frowned, "how is that possible?"

"maybe it's coming from more than one place." liam suggested.

"in more than one piece," hayden added, a worried look on her face.

mason glanced up at the ceiling, "if it's in the air, could it be coming out of the vents?"

they all joined him, glancing up to see the vents billowing out air.

"of course!" moonee exclaimed, "you're brilliant." she praised the boy, making him grin.

"let's go to the boiler room, maybe someone's in trouble." franchie suggested, as she began to walk over to the room.

the other four followed behind her and found themselves standing outside the exterior door of the school's boiler room. liam had begun to prepare himself to force open the door, using his body. mason glanced down at the door handle, seeing no lock. he then looked over to moonee, who grinned.

"stand back." he warned them.

she timed it perfectly, the second liam began to run for the door, she pulled her arm forward, swinging it open. her boyfriend charged at full force towards the now open door with a battle cry. judging by the clattering sound that came after he sped in, liam had hit one of the metal shelves and knocked it over.

"it's open." mason stated.

hayden and franchie giggled to themselves, finding it amusing how moonee could set liam up like that. mason and the girl gave each other a high five before she stepped into the room, ready to help him.

"come on, baby." she pulled him from the floor, her smirk hidden, "up you get. you okay?" moonee asked, softly.

"you're evil." liam shook his head, dusting off his lacrosse uniform.

"most definitely." she nodded in agreement.

inside the room, the five made their way past all of the machinery as franchie led the way as a cheetah had a stronger sense of smell than a jaguar or a wolf. they stood in front of another door and she moved out of the way, wanting their upcoming alpha to do the honours. giving her a curt nod, liam reached out his hand to grab the doorknob and looked backwards at them for moral support before he twisted the handle and opened the door.