ꪻ᭙ꫀꪀꪻꪗ ᦓꫀꪜꫀꪀ

Chapter twenty seven: love, hate, and cotton candy

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

I've never seen my grandma like this and in fact, it scares the hell out of me. What does he know?

Looking over she was still in that same state, reaching over I took her hand and gave her a weak smile when she turned my way. She let out a heavy breath forcing herself to smile back at me, reassuring me she was okay.    It didn't last long as she looked back out the window drifting away into her thoughts.

Ten minutes or more went by when we arrived back home. My grandma was the first to get off, dashing into the house with the heavy bags while I and Kylo were left still inside the car, "What did you mean back there, Kylo? That my grandmother was Mr. Choi."

"I could be wrong but your grandmother and Daniel's grandfather have crossed paths before, long ago."

"How would you know for sure?"

"Because my-someone I once knew told me things about Mr. Choi and his past."

"And what happened to this person you once knew?" I asked, looking up into the rearview mirror.

He looked down at the wheel while gripping the steering wheel, "He died. A long time ago."

"Kylo..I-um don't seem to be ungrateful but why tell me this?"

He looked in the same mirror I was and we made eye contact, "Do you seriously have to ask?"

I shook my head as he watched.

Kylo is pretty clear about the things he does especially for Daniel.

"I'm guessing Daniel doesn't know about our grandparents."

Kylo hummed, agreeing to what I said, "Ok then, I'll go now but will I see you later along with Daniel?"

"Daniel?"

"Yea, I assume you'll be dropping him off here for our family get-together."

"Ahh, he didn't inform me about it. I haven't seen him all day becau-

Kylo stopped his sentence like he was slipping up from telling me everything, as he did I slowly slipped out of the car and knocked on the window.

He rolled it down, "You know you're invited as well, right," I smiled a little back at him, "There are no worries, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable but it's your decision if you want to come with Daniel or drop him off."

"Bye, bye for now!" I said running off to my front door.

An emotion of happiness marked from Kylo, opening up must've been hard but that slightly overcome emotion ended way too soon once I locked my eyes on my grandma.    There was my family again, all together. My two brothers with Josiah in Ryan's arms, my dad helping his mom carry the groceries and my mom helping her mother-in-law sit down but she strongly refuses. I happily laughed not ever taking advantage of these moments then there was Thetic running in around the corner of the kitchen and into me hugging me.