ꪻ᭙ꫀꪀꪻꪗ ꪀ꠸ꪀꫀ

Chapter twenty nine: close to you

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

Night like these -

Makes you think about every fairytale you've watched when being so young when love felt so simple and easy. Liking someone was enough and telling them that without terrible thoughts of rejection because courage overpowered all the doubts.

Ryan set the fire of what wood was left when Daniel suddenly spoke up to us sitting down by the fire, "I'll go get more wood and bring back blankets."

We nodded our heads as we sat on logs while the fire burned, the stars twinkle, and the full moon became even brighter once the dark clouds moved away. I laid my head on his shoulder letting out a big sigh, "Go on, tell me. Who's got you sighing so heavily on your big brother?"

Immediately he knew and immediately I snuggled into his arm, "You always know."

"Because I'm your brother."

"Noooo, that's way too easy."

Ryan's lips thinned out into a giving smile, "Ok, you got me. It's because you've been giving me the same signs since you were younger."

"Yeah, and what's that?" I pouted a little.

"You would always come up to me and wrap your little hands around my arm, laid your forehead on my shoulder, and whine with little sounds."

"No way! You're totally making me out to be a baby."

"But you are."

"I'm seventeen. You do know my birthday is around the corner."

"Yeah, I do. Don't you know you're still my baby sister? My only sister and it doesn't matter how old you get you'll always be my baby sister, the only difference is...I have to start seeing you as a young lady."

"Hmmm, is that what Daniel made you see?"

"Something like that. Yet when you come over like this and snuggle into my arm it brings back memories."

I laughed shyly rubbing the back of my head while I removed myself off my brother, "I guess old habits never die."

He hummed before asking the same thing. It was just worded differently, "Is it about Daniel again?"

I looked over-defended by the question, "I swear it's always something with you two," he says, with a harsh sigh, "the both of you are together now what's wrong in praise?" Ryan adds, looking over to me fiddling with the ends of my dress.