ᠻꪮꪊ᥅ꪻꫀꫀꪀ

Chapter fourteen: Dinner with Evil and Sweet Locks

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

I went to get the first-aid kit and started to patch up his wound on his thumb. When I was done I was kneeled on the floor by his side on the bed and I just deeply stared at his shirt that I knew where his knife wound was. It took the life out of me looking at it, hoping it had gotten better but with Daniel climbing into my window, therefore, I damn well knew it wasn't.
Daniel took my chin in his hand and made me look him in the eyes, "You don't need to cry for me again. I don't think I can take you crying for me anymore."

"Is that what you think I was about to do, ha! No way," I faked a huff and lied.

"You can take a look at it if you want."

"Why would I want to?"

It's not true. I'm just worried for you, Daniel.

"Can you take a look at it for me?" he asked, I couldn't believe he asked.

I don't know what it is but ask or don't ask I know I will still do it for him. Daniel lifted up his shirt and I tried to keep a straight face but his whole chest was covered in bruises and focusing on that one wound was harder than breathing, "Next time don't shower, it'll affect your wound even more. Use a washcloth instead for a while," I changed his bloody bandages and cleaned up his wound.

My hands started shaking and even though my face didn't show any feelings my eyes did, tears running down my face and Daniel took notice of it helping me steady my hands, "I don't know how I can stop you from shaking."

"Distract me."

"But how?"

"Tell me what happened?"

I hoped he would. I hesitated to say anything about it but the more we sat quietly he squeezed my hand.

"The library. The same people from that night broke into the library trashing it and I went back there because the alarm system notified me. When I got there, there they were and they jumped me again along with damaging the library."

"They needed revenge that bad! What the.."

"Fuck, I know."

"Then why come here? I know you could have gone home."

"Yeah, I did actually and my mother wasn't too happy about it. You could say that's why I came here."