ꫀ꠸ᧁꫝꪻ

Chapter eight: I Came For Him

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

Your life is a puzzle, don't waste your time trying to place people where they don't fit.

Every bit of this quote reminded me of him, something he would say to me to get me running. The student body did that for me, heading outside afar from the building that had the possibility of being on fire. When the hallways cleared I made my way into the office as everyone had to wait for the fire department to arrive and call for the all-clear. I followed Jessica's directions. Finding the key inside the principal's office, going through the file drawer, searching his last name, then deleting the footage from the school's computers without getting caught.

Being here would get me into serious shit and the question: was this boy worth it?

Yes.

That word was easy to say and yet I didn't mean to think it, it became like word vomit. The backup footage was also the easiest thing to get rid of that can easily be brought up with no words, just an easy computer genius.

There was a direct line to what I wanted and what I freakishly needed to know. I ran out of the office running into Thetic, it felt like I haven't seen her in months.

"What are you doing here? I thought you didn't come to school today."

"I didn't."

"Then are you-the fire alarm! Was that you?" the longer Thetic went on she started to figure everything out. She read it on my face, "For what!" she angrily asked.

Thetic took a good look at me and knew it right there, she didn't need to question me anymore because she had her answer, "He's got his hooks into you."

"Thetic, please, " I softly begged for her to understand.

"You wanna know what's pretty damn amazing. You don't even know how deep they are, how deep you are, YOU'RE WEARING HIS JACKET, for god sakes."

The fire alarm went off, "If you're not going to give me the time of day to speak then there's no point in wasting my breath on you."

We were a train wreck. That single tear fell out of anger, confusion, sadness all something Thetic didn't understand. When I walked away with Daniel's jacket still on my back but who was I to walk out on a friend for two years over someone I still didn't know about or was that just an excuse for me to continue feeling this pain buried deep inside me.

Was I the one in denial and not her?

I was back on the road with Daniel's address written on a piece of paper and put into my phone giving me directions to a place that was a bit far from the school he went to, why was that? Two hours went by and my surroundings started to look like the place where the library was built, nothing but trees and land. I drove up to a gate, I rang the button to get through to someone but no answer so I opened the gate myself by hand and drove the rest of the way coming up to almost a mansion or maybe a castle.