ꪻ᭙ꪮ

Chapter two: You'll Regret Knowing me

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

The world is so empty. If one thinks only of mountains, rivers, and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who was Daniel to sense what I did that day.

If we could see the miracle of a single flower, think about how clear we would be able to see many things, but nope. We're too stubborn for that and it's truly rare. I sat at the table messing around with my peas as I held onto my fork like It was my lifeline... JUST PULL THE PUG DOC! I dramatically thought.

It seemed like death the way I stared in the distance not eating. More like thinking... still thinking about why I have that overflow of feelings towards him, for him long ago. The time has taken me away from the age of the period... Freshman year. Fifteen years old and there he was pulling my eyesight in his direction. We shared one class, one and he held so much power.

I honestly wasn't prepared that day. He really shook me that day, sixth period the teacher had me pass out our assignments for the class period and it made me uneasy from my head to toes especially walking up to Daniel that looked my way a couple of times before handing out the paper to the table full of people.

"Thanks, Renesmee," he said, with a shining devious smile. Reaching out to grab the stack instead he grabs my hand and glances up at me with that same smile. Walking away and sitting down he became a lot stranger throughout that day.

How did he say my name so well?

As strange as it was I wasn't so comfortable with him or anyone else the matter of fact calling me by my name. It points me out in a crowd but it also makes lots of people come to me asking how to say it right and it only annoys me more. I didn't have time to give them lessons on how to say it or the definition behind it so I made up a nickname for everyone, Ren.

Ren was simple, easy and no one asked the meaning behind it except for the teachers that asked me why I wanted them to call me Ren instead but after a while, they started calling me that where everyone just thought it was my real name and I didn't care. Though, the people close to me would still call me by my birth name.

Believe this when I say it. I don't have the easiest name for people to pronoun correctly for the first try. Yes, it was weird and strange but it only made me more curious about him. I was getting sucked into something I might have to fight off one day. And today, this year would be it. Junior year, I would have never imagined being in those fighting days again then... "if the storm falls in my heart. If I live like an old ship then so be it and when I mean old ship I mean I'll live in the past."

"Where have you been?" I asked, Thetic.

She broke my trance taking a seat next to me again and I didn't notice her presence was even gone. My energetic friend seemed to be in a panic. As I stared at her waiting for the very not so important response. She took forever to get the words out, "What's up with you?"