ꪻ᭙ꫀꪶꪜꫀ

Chapter twelve: I Now Know

♥ ▸⚬☉⚬◂ ♥

Time could stop if it wanted to, you can tell time moves fast when you're happy and you hoped for longer days and nights. That's how every day felt like being with Eric. We spent days together non-stop, he started picking me up from my house to ride to school together. He would be the first and last person I talk to morning and night. I was glad to have someone close by my side again. I still talked with Jessica. But it's been a month and a half since Thetic and I talked and that's so unlike us. I would have thought not being around Daniel anymore would spark our friendship back but knowing us we're too stubborn.

In the second month of the second-semester things were calm, the juniors were doing their usual thing and getting ready for the summer as the seniors get pack for college and set for prom and graduation.

After school my mom and I drove to the store, it took us fifteen minutes. When we came out of the store I swear I saw Daniel with an older woman! Old enough to be his mother. He looked flustered, flustered enough to drop the milk, and bust it open as he was putting things inside the drunk. The woman seemed upset and it wasn't from the phone call she had taken the moment they walked outside and their car.

She turns around and glances at him and the spilled milk gives him a scowling expression. He panicked, telling her something before running inside the building as he passed by me.

She has to be his mom, one knows when your mom gives you the look.

My mom checked all the bags while we stood still outside in front of the store. I was still distracted by Daniel while my mom looked for everything on her list before taking off.

Chills ran around my back when she spoke and she was very clear, "Run back in and grab the American cheese," she said, putting the money in my hands.

"The shredded cheese?" I asked.

She nodded, "Meet me by the car while I pack up all the bags."

"Okay," I shouted, running inside.

I didn't search for the cheese I went straight inside to look for Daniel, he never looked so scared...if that's even the word. But saying he looked flustered seemed absurd from his body type, seeing him run was rare, panicking like that just over spilled milk. I caught him running to self-checkout. My pace had to match his, I ran to the aisle with the cheese and dashed to self-checkout as well; when I made it out he was already in the car. The store I was standing in front of had a nice view where I could see everything. I was pacing trying to catch my breath when I saw a hand come across Daniel's face. I nearly screamed, catching my mouth with my hands.

Instant tears went down my face, his mother acted as if she was fighting some kind of predator the way she threw hits and low blows at him. I became scared for Daniel's life as he tried for dear life to protect himself by blocking them with his arms. It was no good, I wasn't thinking and my chest aches even more. I cried even harder watching her stop and took her rings off her fingers, gripping the wheel, and driving off as if nothing happened.