Chapter 5

A/N: Bit of a cliff hanger, or gate hanger at the end. But quite predictable.

This chapter is dedicated to @SWEET_DOUGHNUTS who commented

-------

Hyunjin's soft baby blue mantle billowed around him until it didn't anymore. It was probably offended that Hyunjin had stepped on it but Hyunjin was even more offended that he ended up tripping and falling on his face for the umpteenth time that week. Why did they have to give him such long clothes? That was another point in favour of the 'Hyunjinnie should learn how to sew' plan.

"Are you okay your highness?" a passing servant asked. They didn't seem surprised and they shouldn't. This was a daily occurrence.

"Yes yes don't worry, carry on" he nodded and the servant walked away. Looking at his palms, Hyunjin frowned at the scratches decorating them. He didn't mind too much scratches from thorns but he didn't like how clumsy he was. His skin was delicate from lack of manual work and a regimental skincare routine although in past years he had started to work with plants, some of which were pests and hardly but he used plants themselves to have supple skin. Lavender was a favourite of his.

"You have a new residence, no need for a third. Do you just plan to stay on the floor?" A passing Minho asked. Truthfully, Minho had been asked to go fetch Hyunjin since the other was cutting it short to a territory expansion meeting.

"Oh my! Your hands!" a worried Felix exclaimed, seeing the other's hands all red and tended and scratched up. Only Minho had been sent but the three of them tended to gravitate towards being a pack so they tended to follow one another just like sheep.

Hyunjin shook his head and out of his stupor he told them that he was fine but that he needed help getting up. He'd heal his injured heel later. Kindly, his two companions helped him up by grabbing under his shoulders, uninjured palms left alone and they helped him balance taking some weight away from his heel. He'll take care of that later too. It wouldn't do for the new herbal healer to be seen unwell and injured. It was enough that he was lovesick.

The meeting was daunting as expected but Hyunjin looked up in special horror when the plans for expansion took on a concrete form. His family had managed to acquire a three dimensional map of the main city of the territory just outside their border and they were planning movements.

"We have to do it now before summer sets in properly. The heat won't be good for the army, although Hyunjin, perhaps the summer heat can air your fire?"

"Father, as you know I don't..." he started, once again wanting to clarify about his powers.

"Right right, you don't have an opinion on the matter. Then we'll do it soon before summer" his father said with his mother and uncles and aunts nodding.

"Father, I don't think..."

But he was ignored once again. He should be used to that too.

His head jerked up once again.

"General Uhm has done some reconnaissance. The great doors of the palace are said to be fireproof however the great general has managed to obtain the medallion that opens the mechanism of the door. Great work general" his father smiled.

Hyunjin looked at the medallion. He needed to get his hands on that. There was no way he was going to let his family keep that.

He hurried outside once he was dismissed, immediately seeking out his two friends who were waiting for him. "Walk with me" he commanded and then explained the situation. The map was worrying but the key even more so. He didn't want to invade another kingdom, he didn't want to kill anyone and he certainly didn't want to add more territory to what he had to rule.