Chapter 41

A/N: I don't think this is the chapter that you expect. It wasn't what I was expecting either (dw, it's nothing bad!). I really just was planning to write wedding+coronation but then as I was writing, I was thinking how we keep pertuating things in writing. Sure they're cute and fluffy but also so toxic. Sure, we all (or almost) know that it's just fiction but they still influence our way of thinking. I won't solve issues, they will still be there but I wanted to provide one small divergence, one small alternative to always writing the same stories. Besides, while cute and fun sometimes they are boring in their predictability. I tend to write their dynamics as very predictable so the new part had to be the plot.

Enjoy. Hopefully.

Dedicated to @maknaeheo Thanks for commenting

"Are you alive?" Seungmin whispered, caressing his cheek.

"Gah. Barely. I didn't think you'd meant to worship me as if I was a sacrifice on an altar. Didn't know accepting the offer came with death"

"Good. It just means you've ascended to a whole new plane of existence. A job well done for me. Besides, you're clearly okay if you can speak so many words. Ah, alas, gone are the days where you blush and stutter at every word I say." Seungmin sighed lamenting the days gone past dramatically. "Come on, get up. We have more things to plan."

"Why did I choose to pursue an early riser?"

"So your work will be done by the time it's time for more work at the hut. Up up. I will make breakfast"

Hyunjin sat up like he was resuscitating from the dead with a sudden burst of energy.

"It's okay. I will make breakfast" then he was up and running, quite naked, to the kitchen area. Not that Seungmin was a bad cook; he had seen him cook some basic dishes but Hyunjin just didn't trust him in the kitchen for some unfathomable reason. Phantoms of lives past? Future lives? Parallel lives? Who knows but Seungmin was relegated to cutting spring onions. Rice with spring onions, sesame, runny egg and sesame oil was their breakfast. Seungmin added a lot of chili paste to his and Hyunjin stared.

When Seungmin went to kiss him after thanking him for the good food, Hyunjin held up a hand to the other's chest. "Not with chili remains in your mouth. I can't tolerate it"

They stared at each other, then Seungmin cracked a smile "There's still a lot for us to learn about each other. I won't forget. Thank you for telling me."

"Anything you don't tolerate well or are allergic to?"

"Not that I know of...wait, when I eat peaches my mouth becomes slightly red so I guess I'm slightly allergic" the other shrugged and Hyunjin became angry. He tried to reign it in before speaking.

"You say it's mild but please be careful. Allergies are a serious thing! I'll try to keep pollen in peach trees in check but there isn't much I can do about actual peaches. I can't ask them to not exist anymore so please, just don't put any peaches in your mouth and you should be good" Although he had a feeling that while he may not eat peaches directly, he'll end up eating them in dishes because Seungmin was careful with almost anything but himself sometimes. Not in big matters; he was exceedingly cautious then but in smaller things he wasn't as careful.

"Got it, no peaches in my mouth...unless it's your peach"

"My peach?" he frowned. Did he have any peaches around here?

He squeaked. Seungmin's hands were freely groping him.

"This peach" he said, squeezing Hyunjin's ass cheeks.

Hyunjin's face cheeks heated up and he was back to blushing and stuttering much to Seungmin's delight, even more when he didn't tell him to remove his hands. It was quite nice, getting massaged there after he sat on his ass all day. Hyunjin's hands migrated to Seungmin's chest.