Chapter 9

A/N: Are things moving?

This chapter is dedicated to @strayfrost who upvotes:D Thank you

-------------------

Life went on as it tended to do. Meetings. Clients. Avoidance. Commiseration. Friendship. Laughter. Tears.

Two days after their market trip Changbin visited them in the usual spot in the palace garden by Hyunjin's lovely rose bushes and Felix's mid-day shadows.

"I've got something for you" his gruff voice said and Felix beamed already proud.

Hyunjin eyed them suspiciously but he took the cloth-wrapped package from Changbin's sturdy hands. Minho urged him to open it because he was curious as well and so he did and gasped when he saw the glistering metal inside. It was beautifully crafted as expected from Changbin although usually he worked with smaller pieces of metal. H.A.V.E.N. Haven. The name he had started to call his –their – cottage hut workshop and second home.

"Thought you could hang it outside" Changbin explained with a small smile or at least he tried to because it wasn't long before Hyunjin tackled him to the ground. Minho fortunately managed to grab the nameplate before it hit the floor. Not that it mattered so much, any damaged could be repaired on the spot by Changbin but they were a respectful bunch.

"How did you know though?"

"Felix told me. He asked me if I could do something to celebrate but the nameplate idea was mine. Maybe next up will be a haven piercing Prince Hwang?" Changbin teased and everyone giggled though Hyunjin low-key considered it but so many curves and points would get stuck in his clothes so perhaps it wasn't a great idea and he couldn't face needles long enough to get a tattoo.

"Well, are we going to put it up?" said an uncharacteristically impatient Minho.

Minho had been acting strange. Hyunjin bet that he was focusing on anything else but the rejection. He knew that he himself was.

"Later. Between lunch and dinner. We cannot keep skipping meals or they will get suspicious"

Changbin wanted to join them but Felix reminded him that he had a business to run and expenses to pay so with a huff he begged to at least meet as a group another time and Hyunjin asked them all if they wanted to help him brew. It would have to be at night as it was a time that was convenient for everyone if only they sacrificed a few hours of sleep.

"Are we brewing potions?" Changbin asked enthusiastically while rubbing his hands in glee.

"Well you can call them that but really they are tonics and liquid medicine" Hyunjin explained with a cackle and a smile soon set on his lips. The other cheered him up best out of the three of them. He was happy that he had become their friend rather than keeping meeting Felix only.

"Got it. Potion making. I'll be sure to get my pointy hat"

"Ah always knew you had one of those. It goes with your chin. Was it a two for one deal?" Minho asked leading to the usual squabble between the oldest two.

Lunch passed by all too slowly.

"Did you hear that a new herbal healer settled here? The audacity! Without informing us! And why would a healer settle here? There are doctors working with the apothecary" his mother complained.

Hyunjin stiffened. So word had reached even here it seems. Technically he didn't need a permit from them to practice. He needed one from the Guild and he had secretely applied for a temporary one when he started studying on his own. When he felt confident in his knowledge, he'll apply and they will come to test him.