Chapter 19

A/N: Short one this time but it makes sense to cut it short here:) I'm also getting excited because I have another 2 series ideas and one long one-shot that I've been mulling over but for sure finishing this and Flowers for you first. If you have short one-shot prompts you'd like me to fill for Seungjin comment here or dm me:) Be as specific as possible.

This chapter is dedicated to @turtlekpop1over who upvoted:)

---------------

"Do you have a parrot as well?" Jisung asked while snickering. He earned a light smack to the head for his impertinence.

"No, but we can always throw you overboard before you get to taste the delicious food that Jinnie has prepared" Seungmin replied leading to Jisung whining and apologising. Many stomachs rumbled then.

Chan put on his leader's hat and after a quick round of introductions with the dwellers he suggested camping for the night and waking up early to catch up with the army who would surely also camp. The dwellers invited them to their current camp, set up recently. They had to go back in the desert but thankfully not so far since it was near the border. Daehwi and indeed the whole on-foot troop were all dead on their feet. Sure, they had three horses among them but the path hadn't been smooth and they could use a lie down. Even the not on-foot troop were tired from the heat (and recent poisoning) and some from the walking.

They made their way to the dweller's camp. Along the way they met the dwellers they had left behind and they also introduced themselves. The group took turn supporting Daehwi although with the prospect of food, water and sleep, he himself was hurrying up. Hope was a wonderful energy.

"So does anyone mind filling me in?" Sahna asked and then his eyes widened and he bowed his head "Your highness I mean no offence"

Hyunjin simple snickered and covered his mouth with his hand. Then he shook his head and sat down on the sandy cushions which must be a luxury here. They had arrived at the encampment. A mixture of textiles and colours billowed in the light wind. It was pleasant however. No sand flew in their faces and like Seungmin had promised, there was no sand storm in sight.

Hyunjin motioned for the others to explain what they knew while he decided which food should be eaten first and got everything ready, sharing with their hosts.

"It's good you packed for an army although we may not have any food left for tomorrow now" Seungmin whispered next to his ear as the others annihilated the food in front of them, sometimes it didn't make in on their plate before it vanished.

All in all, there were twenty-five people and some animals who were being tended to by the dwellers including their own horses.

Hyunjin made sure there would be food for tomorrow if not for the next day but he also made sure to share with the dwellers in gratitude for all their help.

"And that's how we got here, to stop a war but what I don't understand is how you two got here so fast" Jeongin had finished the anecdote which the others had all contributed to. Sanha and Daehwi had stared in are at the both of them and they and the dwellers gasped when they heard about the recent poisoning. Who needed made-up stories for camp when reality was so exciting? Although no one knew if that was a good verb or a bad one.

"Oh that? We found a portal in the lake" Seungmin nonchalantly said as he continued munching on his cucumber salad – very refreshing in the desert and everyone was practically fighting over it.

"Portal?" Chan asked with a frown. Those were his things after all.

"Yeah. When swimming we realised that there was one in the lake, hence why there were no fish but we were getting our fish varieties from Yellow Wood in our market." Hyunjin explained in more detail.