Chapter 31

A/N: Apologies for the wait! Lots of changes. Which one are you the most excited about? You can only choose one! Let me know:)

Chapter dedicated to @Multistanship thanks for upvoting.

-----------

In the end change was triggered by Hyunjin being himself: kind.

Hyunjin had gone to bed on his own. He slept and very well as well; mind at peace but he missed Seungmin's presence and when he saw him casually walking in a corridor downstairs he didn't question why he was inside; Seungmin spent more time inside the castle than in his actual work place it seemed but the plants were still thriving. They probably loved Seungmin as much as he did...No, he didn't question, he simply grabbed the other and abducted him upstairs, uncaring of who saw.

"Seungminnie, can we take a little nap? Just a nap I swear. I missed you" he whined once his door was mostly closed.

"Good morning Prince let's-set-some-boundaries. How are you this fine day?" Seungmin teased but he hugged him warmly and gently. Hyunjin breathed in, taking in the other's earthy scent. There was a hint of herbs either from all his brushing or because he actually does spend time in the gardens and fields. Seungmin also smelt like warm sun – not the sun itself but like what spending a whole day in mild warm sun smelt. Toasty but not dry. Simply warm.

Hyunjin fell asleep on the other's shoulder. He was woken up by gentle wind blowing in his hair and face. Seungmin, once he opened his eyes, supplemented that with his own breath, blowing softly on his face. It tickled but he got a kiss out of it.

A wonderful morning spent well.

That afternoon, a demure looking general gathered an audience in the town square and publically apologised. Absolutely no one believed him but they faked it when the king himself started clapping. The only reason why the speech had not been given from a balcony or garden in the palace is because the royals did not want the masses to trample the garden but wanted the General to give the apology directly as it looked humbler. The garden was very convenient when it came to their prejudices.

The crowd soon dispersed. Hyunjin looked for Seungmin; he couldn't not and he found the other looking at the General with an unreadable expression on his face. Then his focused switched to the King, where his expression darkened and lastly on him where Seungmin's expression softened. He smiled and turned back going back with the other farmers.

Hyunjin was a little sad that Seungmin won't be returning to the castle for now but perhaps it was better. Hyunjin was too obvious.

The General found him as he was walking with the other nobles; the friendlier but not friendlier ones. He grabbed his hand – the audacity!

"Thank you for your help your highness. The speech was well received. How about I thank you for your cooperation?"

"How about not...I mean, of course I needed to help you as it was part of my apology. I hope you accept my sincere apology." He said in the fakest apology in history. His father was walking with them. He needed to tread carefully.

"Of course. I'd like to accept your apology by inviting you to a private dinner"

Hyunjin did not actually have a choice in that so he nodded. What an ass, cornering him like that and most importantly, making it seem like Hyunjin apologised sincerely. He was more offended of that really but it was dangerous to visibly rebel all the time.

It started raining but Hyunjin had been expecting it. Despite that, he didn't seek shelter before. They were walking in open grounds and it would look suspicious. The rain was gentle on him; cleansing with the added bonus that unsavoury company rushed to the castle while he hung back, head tilted up greeting this day.