Chapter 21

A/N: Short chapter but it felt right to have it seperate. Warning for smut. Chapter can be skipped as there isn't much plot (except where the photo is, you can read until there are smut starts after if you don't want to read that).

Chapter dedicated to @skzlexi who had been binge reading and commented and upvoted. Hope you like this.

============

The desert felt empty. They didn't encounter any dwellers this time but the sun was up shining so they were probably sheltered.

For all the action and drama, it had been over real quick. Even with the resting and waiting game there were still several sun hours left before night would eventually fall.

"How about we go to that cave? Or another cave. It would protect your fair skin from the sun" Seungmin suggested.

"Your skin would appreciate it too!" Hyunjin said but it was probably a good idea to go and search for cover. He hadn't changed back to his traveling clothes and a dainty light mantle wasn't the best protection from the sun but if they walked quickly they would reach the cave in no time. He didn't quite fancy setting their packs on the sand and rummaging through his clothes. Sand really did get everywhere and refuse to be evicted.

They passed the site where they had their first – and second – kiss and Hyunjin gulped and quickly looked the other way.

"It's great that there aren't any poles here. Why are you shy? We did that. It still happened even if you look the other way" Seungmin teased.

"Stop teasing" he whined even though he secretly loved it because it meant that Seungmin was comfortable with him. Truthfully, the idea of their kiss was imprinted in his brain but actually he couldn't remember how it felt. He had been too in shock but he knew that it had felt great and that he wanted to do it again and again and he couldn't stop thinking about it now that they had one less problem.

The cave felt warm but not stifling like outside. Expecting to be there for a while, they actually tried to make it homely and Hyunjin blushed at the thought of how domestic it was but also how natural it felt to do so. Blankets and clothes on the floor to cushion the ground, some food taken out for whenever they wanted a snack – and they wanted that a lot because there wasn't much else to do.

Hyunjin went to explore the cave and found some plants, taking the opportunity of the shade like them. He connected, investigated and took samples and the plants found themselves immortalised in his botanical book.

"The name is frangipani by the way" Seungmin told him mysteriously from where he was sitting on the floor, flipping through a book.

"This plant? How do you know?" he asked.

Frangipani. What a nice name.

"No, the pink plant in your garden that you didn't know the name of"