Chapter 42

A/N: This chapter is short. It's more for tying ends so lower your expectations:)

Chapter dedicated to @blackbird999 Thanks for upvoting.

------------------

Hyunjin's heart was beating heavily in his throat. Or was he about to throw up frogs? Surely, one of them wasn't a secret prince because he has already found his and he only shares his heart with only one person.

"Hey, don't be so nervous" Seungmin rubbed the top of his hand. Their linked arms swung slightly as they walked. Trying to get his mind off the upcoming meeting, he swung them with intention. Their shoulder sockets did not appreciate the pull but he giggled, the drag actually lulling him into some sense of security. Then they arrived in the throne room and he tried to compose himself wanting to appear kind of professional.

Sitting down on the throne felt weird. Both the one that his father had used and the one his mother had. Staring at each other, they sat up and moved two chairs and sat on them, even changing the direction they would sit. Where before it was staring at the door, now it was to the side. They didn't want to give the impression they didn't trust people coming and going or that they had to know everything. The chairs were still ornate despite not being throne level. They clearly belonged in the castle; but they didn't look like chairs princes would sit on at a diplomatic talk. Which was good; this wasn't one.

The cushion was much appreciated by Hyunjin's abused behind. The culprit? He'd like to say it was the one sitting next to him but truthfully he had no one to blame but himself; he'd asked for the other to go all out. Or all in really.

Now it was time for another all in. A knock on the door alerted them of their guests' arrival. He took a breath then nodded for Seungmin who had a much more stable voice, to invite them to join them.

"Welcome. Thank you for accepting our invite. Please have a seat" he had practiced that one line so much in the mirror despite all his training growing up "uhm, if you want" and the training and practicing went out of the window. He cringed but no one seemed to notice as the three healers sat down. Seungmin poured them some water. Hyunjin went to help but Seungmin gave him a look and he got it. Seungmin supported him in bettering himself and doing things himself but spilling water all over the table now would be embarrassing at best and he'll seem incapable of pouring water much less take care of a nation at worst.

Although his father never poured his own water if he could help it.

Maybe that had been a sign.

"Thank you for the invitation. We have read your letter carefully. First, on the matter of your exams, whenever you are ready you can take them. We of course do not wish to rush you. We can't say for sure that what you're doing is great but if I may speak on a personal level now, I think it is but a word of caution from our end. You have other duties. We just want you to ponder on the fact that you'll have two very taxing and demanding responsibilities in being a leader of a nation and a healer. People would depend on you twice as much but I'm sure you have considered this fact. Now as for your other request...we would you like propose healer Sehyoon." Healer Chan indicated the person sitting next to him.

Hyunjin gulped. It would be such an honour! He had read treaties about the links between community care and greenery penned by the gentle healer and to have that person officiate their wedding? Healer Sehyoon was wise beyond years even though he hadn't that many of them compared to other elderly healers. The years between the healer and Hyunjin were still significant however; enough for him to aspire to be like the healer in a few years. Needless to say that Hyunjin was in awe.

Sehyoon's acumen of helping whole communities by taking care of individual members and green spaces was very inspiring. It led to him babbling about how it would be an honour. Seungmin, sitting right next to him, probably had no idea who the healer was but he could guess not only that Hyunjin was very excited but that he was the right choice.