Chapter 7

A/N: Chapter dedicated to @kmseugmin who upvotes. Thank you:)

----------

"Okay, now you two are just pathetic"

"Well it's easy for you to say, you have a boyfriend who would lay down his life for you!"

"You have someone to buy flowers for! Leave us to our misery"

Felix sighed. Yesterday had been one thing but today was quite another. He didn't expect his two friends to get over it so soon but he didn't expect to have to tag along to the market and hide behind a convenient bush so that his friends could stare and pine at the men who rejected them either.

Somehow, Minho had found out in his quest to stare at 'pretty boy' that Chan and his friends go to the market to buy bread every day. They go quite early but miraculously enough, when Minho had mentioned it Hyunjin had promised and made it a point to get up early. So early that the sun was not yet up and his two friends had rolled him out of bed and hurried him to the market. Why was he involved? Oh yes, because interestingly enough he was the saner one.

He didn't even bother using his powers, at this point the people of the castle must be blind if they hadn't spotted the other two's love sickness.

"Yeah but I have to buy him flowers every time" he muttered under his breath.

"Yes because Changbinnie deserves it, don't you think so?" Minho said with a rather confrontational tone. It was ironic that he was defending Changbin since they teased each other (cue: Minho teased Changbin oftentimes) every time they saw each other. He had expected it from Hyunjin but then again, Hyunjin was in a worse shape because Chan at least had been nice to Minho; Seungmin had steamrolled over Hyunjin's feelings. Which is why Felix was confused why Hyunjin was peeking through the bush to glimpse at the other with a love struck expression. The bush even parted its branches for him so that he didn't have to expose himself.

"Thank you sweet Gardenia" Hyunjin could be heard muttering.

"Of course he does that's not the point. You two coming to the market to stare at two men who are uninterested in you is just a tad pathetic" Felix reiterated. Now usually, he was a sunshine that would not utter such vile word. But being woken early combined with looking at his friends looking so broken had done his head in. These two strangers for whatever reason had rejected his friends! So how dare they laugh with the baker and their friends? Did Jisung and Jeongin know too? And why were his friends so taken in with these people?

I mean, Felix had eyes. They were handsome and they appeared soft but after the words that especially Seungmin had spoken...he just couldn't understand why they were here stalking them rather than trying to get over them. He knew that especially Hyunjin wanted a man to take care of him and Minho just wanted a companion to spoil...but surely there were other options? Even without disclosing who their families were since that could be daunting to some people.

Oh why couldn't they have been born commoners? And why could his friends not go for sweeter men like his Changbin who treated him like a prince and expected to be treated as one in turn?

----

Hyunjin thanked the Gardenia again. The four friends seemed to be leaving in the opposite direction to them so his friends and him finally got up and stretched their sore muscles. The four seemed to be quite chatty in the morning and they had been there a good twenty minutes. For all their fighting drills...they were quite out of shape. Or did you need to be out of shape to sit for so long and they were in fact in shape?

Hyunjin groaned at his invasive thoughts. Of course that's when Seungmin turned to face them almost as if he had heard him. They locked eyes and Seungmin glared then he turned his back to them once more and stomped away making his other three friends catch up. The blond man who he assumed was Chan by default turned to look in the direction his friend had just looked away from and he saw the prince and two aristocrats dressed simply and staring at them. At least Chan who was quite handsome, gave them a polite if not dry smile and a little wave before giving them his back.