Chapter 17

A/N: This chapter had a mind of its own. Actually these two's affection for each other did. I only meant for one short...you'll see. But another one just had to follow. Followed by more affection. Enjoy!

Chapter dedicated to @_Elxna___05 who up votes:)

----------------------

"Now what though?" Hyunjin asked, his smug grin transformed into a frown. His senses felt weird. Something was missing and he bet it was his plants. Sure, it was an oasis but he wasn't used to these plants. That will soon be remedied. As soon as Seungmin directed them in their plan.

"We already rushed here so now let's explore and check the books and maps. We need to orientate ourselves." Seungmin suggested. Hyunjin did not agree that their long morning was rushed but still, feeling out of sorts was not ideal when they had to be ahead of their game.

Now they were next to an oasis luckily but it wouldn't stretch for the whole desert that's for sure and an oasis meant...

"Seungmin. Do you think there are wild animals here?" He whispered.

The other snored. "Of course...but I'll protect you" he said, seeing how scared Hyunjin looked at the idea of being visited by some wild animals. Truthfully, Seungmin wasn't afraid of them but he still agreed that animals shouldn't be trusted, no matter how docile they looked or acted. Although wild animals were still better than most humans in his opinion and he thought that while thinking that Jisung and Jeongin did kind of look like wild animals themselves.

Seungmin looked up when he felt some sand hitting him. Hyunjin had removed the big backpack and then sat down spraying even more sand around.

"I'm suddenly tired"

Seungmin snorted "Should have stayed in bed longer than"

"But I needed to cook and pack! I had soooo much energy"

"And now you have none" Seungmin loved teasing the other because he got such reactions out of him. The pout on his full lips made him want to kiss it away...'not the time Seungmin' he told himself.

He left the other there. The desert was getting to him because he was feeling hot so he went round the pool of water from which they had emerged. It looked...like a pool of water but desirable due to the ecosystem surround it. He noted there were a lot of fish in it, more noticeable since the pool was roughly half the size of the lake. The heat must absorb the water much quicker here. There were some trees around and then shrubs and then there were patches of really low and small plants here and there among the glittering sand. There were a lot of thorns, much more than they were in Seungmin's side.

Some of the trees were palms but besides that, he could not tell what they were.

In the distance, he noticed some big rocks. Considering they were the only other thing apart from the sand, they should probably explore them. Did Seungmin mention the sand? It was annoying him. Each step he took, took much longer. His feet felt heavy and his breath was laborious. He was sweaty and he did not like this at all but he sucked it up and showed nothing outwardly.

He found Hyunjin flipping through a book. He squinted at it but he didn't recognise anything. He could see it was some kind of topology though. Hyunjin was concentrating on the page and then he flipped it to another page his finger had been marking. That one was a map.

"Found anything?" Seungmin asked, startling the other. You cannot actually hear steps but Seungmin had assumed his shadow would clue the other to his presence.

"Yes!" Hyunjin squeaked "I think we are here" He pointed at one point on the map.

"That's nearly half way to Yellow Wood!"