Chapter 23

Chapter dedicated to @Diremi who upvoted:)

--------------------

"Why are you holding hands?" Chan asked after they had all hugged each other, only minding a little that they got wet.

"Seungmin-ssi was making sure I didn't drown" Hyunjin said rosy-cheeked.

"Back to Seungmin-ssi? What happened to Seungminnie?" Seungmin teased him.

"Hush Seungminnie, look how red he is. The desert must have really effected the both of you" Minho teased in turn.

They continued bickering all the way to the others, finally able to relax slightly. At least until it dawned on Hyunjin that he had to explain to his parents why he had basically committed treason and why their topmost general was imprisoned in Yellow Wood awaiting trial.

"You okay?" Seungmin asked him gently, having caught on that the other was distracted.

Hyunjin cleaned his throat. This was his own problem; Seungmin had done his part is stopping a possible war and helping their people. "Yeah don't worry. Just thirsty" Which was true because the difference in temperature between a desert and a forest left him all dried up rather than refreshed.

"I have something for you to drink if you want" Seungmin told him and Hyunjin coughed, his mind going to places. Seungmin smirked and handed him a waterskin but his grin...meant he knew exactly what he had implied. And Hyunjin wanted.

The others cheered when they spotted them among the leaves. The leaves that sang when Hyunjin passed by, imprinting a 'zing' around him and making him feeling happy.

"So what now?" Changbin asked once the welcome-back hugs were sorted.

"I guess...no I mean I'm going to go speak with my parents. You all can go home, maybe prepare for the incoming army though that should be my job as well."

They should be here soon and he needed to speak to his family before; not just his parents but all those who had agreed that expanding their territory by means of an invasion was a good idea. At least then he could finally see Kkami again and he guessed he had Yeji and Lia to thank as well. They were probably mildly worried about him; he knew that he would be if he was kept out of the loop while being on the verge of war.

"Shall we go to the hut?" Hyunjin suggested. He wanted the others to be safe while he went to speak with his family and Haven, well it was aptly named.

"You had to suggest that after we came the other direction from the lake didn't you? We were literally there" Minho whined.

"Yes but we weren't. You won't leave us behind will you hyung?" Changbin argued.

"Like hell I won't. Especially if I get to spend time with this cutie while Seungmin will no doubt shadow Hyunjinnie"

Daehwi and Sanha coughed though they too were used at not exactly heterosexual overtones and undertones to conversations.

"No one will be shadowing me. I'm going alone and that's final. Just...if I end up imprisoned erm perhaps you can...?" he trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

"Don't worry, we'll bail you out Jinnie" Jisung proclaimed all smiles "Your tea is the best"

His tea was keeping him safe? Hyunjin actually smiled at that. Jisung, for being a loudmouth, was rather sweet. Not as sweet as Seungmin who was arguing about the need to accompany him.

"Well, if they decide to imprison you in secret how will we know? Or if they decide to throw you out, who will help you pack?"

Hyunjin tried to argue that surely they would notice Seungmin but Seungmin said that snobby nobility never noticed servants so he could pass as one. As much as he wanted to argue, he kind of agreed with all his points so he ended up giving in. Minho and Felix soon followed and said that it would be strange it they weren't there considering they were his shadows usually but he drew the line at Seungmin.