Chapter 46

A/N: an expected chapter dedicated to all those that were expecting it. I didn't want to give whiplash by including their honeymoon so that's next chapter.

Enjoy and please leave comments if you can.

-------------

Hyunjin woke up all excited. No, not in that way. In the generally excited about life events sense. In a week, it was their wedding.

IN A WEEK IT WAS THEIR WEDDING.

He got out of the bed as silently as he could, then he hugged Kkami who had been a very good dog following the attempt on his life. His dog could probably smell the sadness on him and when before he had roamed around the castle in his newfound freedom (same as his owner), these days he was pressed to Hyunjin. Sometimes body to leg, sometimes butt to face especially when Hyunjin was lying down.

One time, Kkami had even started barking furiously at Seungmin thinking that he was hurting him. He had been moaning for entirely different reasons. They had laughed it off and Hyunjin had let his dog sniff both their hands (after making sure there was no lube on them since he shouldn't ingest it and Kkami had a tendency to lick everything) in hopes he could sniff their emotions – excited but calming down and overall happy. It must have worked because he got even closer to Seungmin after that but Hyunjin had been his owner first and the dog was very protective.

He went from one guard dog to two. Both very sweet.

So of course Kkami insisted and whined his way into coming with him to town. He may communicate better with plants but he understood his dog as well.

When they met, Changbin fussed over both of them. He had been a mess after the attempt on his life. He could put on a mask for work and his people but his friends would see right through him so he avoided seeing them not wanting them to feel guilty because they couldn't help. It was something that he had to go through and time has healed him a little. He attributed greater healing to all the conversations he's had with Seungmin. In the past few weeks, he had slowly started meeting his friends in small groups. There were a lot of things to catch up on; thankfully all good.

Like the fact that Minho had wheedled Changbin and Felix to adopt a litter of kittens and their mother because 'they cannot be separated!'. Changbin's arms had a multitude of scratches but his face has a smile.

"So..."

They caught up, Changbin's words distracting him from his nerves. He was both irritating him and soothing him. Such was the effect of Changbin and his work.

On returning back to the castle – after many dog-petting stops from his people because Kkami was the dog of the nation – he was confronted by Minho.

"Why did Seungmin ask how the wedding preparations were going? Felix also had no idea! Or Jeongin! Did you meet Changbin alone?" Minho whined probably jealous that he was relegated to second-class friend.

Hyunjin shrugged "To be honest we mostly caught up and he did some work. We can catch up soon too? In fact..." Hyunjin's mind formed a plan "Please let's catch up and also I need to find Felix right now" when he did, with a rushing Minho on his heels, he asked both of them to keep them busy this week.

"So we're really tired by the end of the day"

"You want to be tired for your wedding?" Felix asked doubtfully as if Hyunjin had done away with his senses. Felix himself looked tired but happy. The kittens must be keeping them away but with Felix having moving in officially with Changbin and adopting kittens and a cat, they too were taking forward steps in life.

"Uhm yes" they both stared at him and feeling that he had to explain or else they will give him away he explained. "I have a surprise for Seungmin but we can't be ...intimate before the wedding" he was a blushing mess. Felix squealed and Minho snorted but nodded.