Chapter 29

A/N: I was reading some things about the male gaze and the female gaze especially in depiction of wlw relationships. It got me thinking that perhaps the way that I write depicts both of them. Not sure.

Also today is yours truly's birthday and as a gift I shall be updating with another chapter, hopefully tomorrow but if not definitely by Sunday. I guess that this time I dedicate this chapter to myself:) Also, I screen recorded me editing the last few pages of this chapter (with a sneak peak of what's to come) if anyone is interested.

---------------

Throbbing leg and throbbing mind were soon forgotten once he realised how much time had passed. He sprinted back to the castle and sneaked in on adrenaline alone.

If he didn't know better, he'll say that Seungmin was present but the tornado of flying clothes was all him trying to get changed into presentable clothing. He literally dabbed makeup on his face using his finger which he had just enough time to wipe before dashing down to meet the incoming diplomats.

He could feel some of them eyeing him but he sighed in relief when he realised that he probably stank. He much preferred embarrassing himself than the alternative of leering but he didn't want to give the wrong impression about him or his nation.

He saw Lia on the side and he calmly made his way to her begging her with a whisper to bring him some perfume and bicarbonate and that was that. He excused himself to fix himself just before dinner so he avoided his father's intense glare at his state. It was only medium this way but there was no way to avoid it these days; he was always being glared at even if all he did was breathe.

These neighbours were friendly and Hyunjin took great pleasure in the shocked faces of their nobles. They had been told so many lies about their neighbours to justify wars, embargoes or cutting off relations but fact of the matter was that most of them were nice or at least most people from that state were nice. You always have those few bad apples but Hyunjin often wondered if they had more of them in Levanter.

After dinner he conversed and built more relations with the diplomats who left soon after. He didn't fault them not wanting to spend the night there; he would do the same if he could with the cold atmosphere that seemed to permeate the air.

He debating avoiding Seungmin maybe by hiding in a room not his own (but not the library; that was too predictable) until the redness went down so he could surprise the other but he had a better and more pleasurable idea. He made a poultice in his bathroom from wild plants he snatched from where the external garden became fields feeling like a spy sneaking in and out. He added herbs he 'borrowed' permanently from the kitchen. Twenty minutes with his leg raised, covered in an anti-inflammatory balm and the redness had receded almost completely. He took a tisane with pain relieving herbs and after he was still not as good as new but only time would heal him completely.

The pain gave him something to focus on. Something other than the cacophony of 'you left your friends' and 'you're going to fail and there will be consequences'.

He felt like he was waiting for a lover to come back from war as he got ready; fortunately, he wasn't. The other had promised to meet him later and considering that the day was ending soon and they haven't met yet, he guessed that later would be soon so he had changed to a long white shirt...and nothing else. It was a bit drafty but why get a perfectly clean pair of underwear wet? He was already leaking slightly imagining the other's reaction. Then he shrivelled a little imagining the other wouldn't like the tattoo. He frowned. Surely not?

He didn't have to wonder and wait for long. A knock made him perk up. He had been expecting him from the balcony but it was indeed Seungmin who answered him when he asked the person's identity.