Chapter 47

A/N: only one more chapter left for now but please don't be sad and look forward for more of my writing.

I may write quick one shots in between my planned long one-shot and the series so feel free to send requests.

-----

Felix and Minho had abandoned him. According to Minho's words 'they had gotten tired of his mooning face' but really...they just rushed over to the food table realising that that honey dip that Jeongin's mother had brought was about to finish. Hyunjin was half tempted to run after them – it really was that good – but he could ask for the recipe and should she not wish to share...he wasn't beyond abusing his power and making it a decree because that dip could heal the most bitter person with its sweetness.

His friends weren't gone for long before another friend sat down near him at a bigger more respectful distance than his friends but still close enough to warrant him actually knowing the person. It was Raven.

"Lovely celebrations prince Jinnie" he said.

Hyunjin smiled. The dwellers weren't part of their territory so they were here as 'foreign representatives' but really, they had been invited because they had liked them and Seungmin and him had discussed how to patch things up. Maybe a tri-party discussion with yellow wood could see all three groups learning from each other and offering help when needed. For now, they were taking smaller steps by trading with them and meeting up and occasionally visiting each other.

"Thank you Raven and thank you and your people for coming all this way. I hope that the stay in the castle last night was good and apologies for not checking in before" he bowed in apology. They had been too busy and knew that the representatives were taken care of by trustworthy people so they didn't worry.

"Do not worry. Your cousin was a great hostess. I am sure that you had other things on your mind. Truthfully, the castle is a bit too loud but it's a novel experience to tell our people. I hope you are ready for our travels?"

Hyunjin beamed. Was he ever?

Again, when discussing – Seungmin and him did a lot of that – they had agreed that it was safe enough for them to go on a journey after their wedding but not too far in case turmoil arose. Most of their people were not aware where they were going but...they had made the logical conclusion to spend their heated moments in a place of pure heat during the day and keep each other warm on the cold nights.

The desert dwellers; the rainbow family, were all too happy to accommodate them and had set up a tent just for their stay; a bit away from the community as Raven let him know with a cackle. The dwellers, out of necessity, were not shy people but they guessed that the royals would be, so they had given them privacy for any nightly (or daily) questionable noises that may occur.

"I am super ready" and he was. He had spent planning their wedded nights as much as the wedding. Well...more. He didn't organise the wedding per se. He had selected his clothes and thought of his vows and the flowers and decorations of course but other people had taken care of executing their wishes and going beyond them. More than them, the nation had other indispensable people now.

"Tiger prepared a special dance performance where everyone has a part. It's supposed to be a secret but I thought it may be overwhelming. Just act surprised"

Hyunjin had a feeling that no matter what, he would be still surprised.

Everyone was enjoying themselves. Hyunjin didn't feel self-conscious speaking to Raven and some other dwellers because well...surely people of the desert wouldn't judge sweat. When Seungmin came back wearing a big smile, Hyunjin's heart fell victim to his charms once more. It felt like it was constricted by something heavy, not light at all but he didn't mind. It meant that he had lots of feelings. Naturally, when he had lots of feelings, he also had lots of tears and the dwellers stared at him as he started sniffing.