Chapter 37

A/N: This chapter has been written for a few days but I was writing something else in the mean time. Look out for tomorrow;)

Chapter dedicated to @laizaxz who upvotes

------------------

In the end it was surreal how ordinary the rest of the day was. It was rather odd. That oddity however didn't phase out his happiness. If anything, unlike a certain someone, he was happy with ordinary peaceful days.

"You shouldn't wear that baby blue mantle" Seungmin told him as he was getting dressed for dinner. Seungmin lay slumped on his bed looking like a spoiled prince himself. Seungmin had of course insisted on accompanying him back to the castle from his clinic hours but he didn't mind – on the contrary. He was relieved that the patients treated him like usual so the people that knew must have kept their word. One of the patients was someone that knew and it was awkward at first until Seungmin made a 'is it loyalty I smell here or royalty' joke which had them giggling. No one that saw Hyunjin giggle could resist him; at least according to Seungmin.

"Why? Because I will trip on it like I did the day we met?" he asked. He rather liked the mantle. It was flouncy and in your face and one of the things permitted that he enjoyed. Yes, he liked simplicity but he had a knack for being extra and feminine and just himself.

"No. I'm grateful for that mantle for that but really, every time you wear it I have the sudden urge to peel it off you" Seungmin smirked.

Predictably he shouted 'Seungmin!' and tried to hit Seungmin on the chest. He was a bit of a casual hitter – not violently but whenever he got embarrassed his first instinct was to swat it away. Seungmin however knew him really well at this point and managed to grab his wrists before they retreated. He let him have the contact with Seungmin's firm chest however so he couldn't be too angry. Or at all because Seungmin's grip on his wrists was nice and gentle and his hands were centimetres away from said firm chest.

He managed to extract himself from Seungmin's grip; as much as he did not want to, he had duties.

"Why don't you stay a bit more? We can celebrate dear fiancée"

Seungmin could be a devil sometimes. A tempting one. His hand slipped to grope him and Hyunjin nearly gave in. What can he say? He's weak but actually he was strong because he didn't give in!

"We can celebrate later, when everything has calmed down" yeah right, they will be celebrating tonight and almost every other night. "There's a foreign delegation. My father actually invited them. Let's see"

"If he tries to marry you off, I'm coming in with a pitchfork"

Hyunjin giggled. "You don't need one."

"Should I up the rumours about your family? So the foreign delegation just happens to hear? It would be good for us and bad for your parents if word gets out of the kingdom"

Hyunjin shook his head. "We can't have them distrusting not just them but he whole of Levanter. The cost of war isn't usually paid by just the leaders. We can't have them attack us as prevention from us attacking them in the future." Of course having support from other nations would expedite things but he couldn't risk ruining their reputation further especially because it was him who was trying to clean it.

The promise of help did tempt him. Even though they had agreed to keep those deemed dangerous occupied, he still was not sure exactly how he will take over.

He needed to start thinking differently.

How they will take over.

He smiled.