Chapter 13

A/N: Things are moving. What is in the lake? Comments, even if emojis are extremely appreciated. I enjoy reading them, like you hopefully enjoy reading my story.

Chapter dedicated to @Amoret06 who upvotes. Thank you!

-----------------

They could hear the discussions outside their room in the prevailing silence.

"Well...does that mean that Mr. Anti-Establishment has been shacking up with the Establishment? Because if yes this is hilarious and karma for all the times you told me not to befriend nobility even though they were being nice"

Jisung replaced the shocked expression with a smug one. Jeongin snickered and just like that the ice was broken and Hyunjin could thaw himself from his frozen spot.

"We haven't been shacking up, shut up Jisung. Does that mean this is ok?"

"Well it may not be okay for Lia over here. After all she's the palace insider...and Hyunjin may just take her job. Who better than the prince to get us information though?"

Lia though shrugged "I'll still help however I can. Maybe I can serve as a distraction or as the messenger or something but if his highness if taking over my role than I'll just have more time to myself and I can't exactly complain about that"

"More time to spend time with my cousin and of course give me sewing lessons" Hyunjin said and with the way Lia blushed...she surely had a crush on one of them and he had a feeling (and hopes) that it was not him.

"His cousin?" Jisung asked at the same time that Jeongin asked "Sewing lessons? Those are useful!"

Chan however being the sensible one asked Hyunjin if there was any new news.

"Um, not sure how much you know already but things are advancing pretty quickly. General Uhm is spearheading the invasion and I think I'm supposed to second him or at least the will use me as a figurehead. They – I mean my father, uncle and the general - want to see me tomorrow. The General also got his hands on the medallion key that opens the palace grand doors of the other kingdom and he also brought a model of the city but we – I mean my friends and I – messed with the map so it's not exact and replaced the medallion with a fake. They were going to find the medallion but Seungmin-ssi helped me to retrieve it and now it's, well, safe"

Hyunjin wasn't sure about telling them that he was currently wearing it. What if someone overheard? The less people knew where it was the better. Fortunately, the others nodded and even told him not to tell them where it was. One can never be too careful.

Seungmin placed a hand on the small of his back and gently pushed him forward. Getting the message, walked to the table and sat down. The map was indeed of the territory between the two kingdoms. The spots being marked were of possible rest stops. Chan explained that many were worried about their soldiers. Soldiers weren't pawns in a vacuum; they were people with friends and families who would be worried about them. The soldiers themselves from his experience were worried and scared for themselves even. The others were unsure however what to do if the soldiers were deployed. The rest stops were more to appease the people left behind.

"I'll let you know what they tell me tomorrow. We definitely need to stop this war. Should I tell my friends? They're the ones that helped me. To be honest they did most of the work and I'm not sure what I'll do without them" he admitted whole heartedly.

"Is it Min and Lix?" Jisung asked

"Minho hyung and Felix yes. And Changbin, remember him?"

"Oh yes! I went to visit him at his shop. He's soooooo cool. Did you know he can manipulate metal?" Jisung asked excitedly basically telling everyone in the room his fanboy status. Seems like Changbin was gathering them now.