Chapter 10

A/N: Things are brewing.

Chapter dedicated to @MiaRamirez308 who upvotes:) Thank you!

----------------

They find themselves back at the well. Hyunjin couldn't remember the walk there but the well seemed to be a great secret spot (even though as a well, it was probably a community area but definitely not of his class).

Hyunjin saw the evening mist around them but his steps remained dry and he suspected that it was a combination of both their powers.

He still hadn't figured out what Seungmin's power was. To be quite honest, his brain was a bit mush after seeing that powerful display.

'You have a strength kink!' a voice that sounded suspiciously like Minho told his hassled brain.

Was it storms? The other sure had the temperament for it. Calm one minute, blazing the next.

Not that he minded a bit of blazing.

A hand caught his wrist and he looked up confused all big eyes and pitiful expression.

"Those branches had to bend at a very unnatural angle to not hit you" Seungmin explained monotonously although he was impressed. The other hadn't consciously controlled the tree so either he was very powerful and could do it without thinking or the tree had a bond with Hyunjin and wanted to protect him. While he'd like to think that the first option was the case he had an inkling that it was the second one which baffled him.

Hyunjin's eyes widened even more.

'Cute...no not cute'

"I am so sorry" he told the tree and then caressed the bark and the branches unfurled into their natural position as Hyunjin stepped away. He closed his eyes for a minute and he smiled. He looked so innocent as he did so and even more so when he bowed. To the tree. And the tree seemed to bow back. At least the branches swayed and Seungmin was undoubtedly certain that there was no wind for the tree to dance with.

They continued on their way but Seungmin stayed one step closer than before to the other. For being a supposedly elegant prince he sure could be clumsy! The prince didn't seem that different from the man that had fallen down a cliff and tumbled into the sea. Or the one that had nearly fallen into a well. Little did he know that Hyunjin had fallen in a well once.

Hyunjin apparently had no tact as well. He shuddered thinking that the other was supposedly trained in diplomacy.

"Your powers, what are they exactly?"

Seungmin didn't answer but he did look at the other and he could see the blush forming on his face and neck.

"Sorry, I know you didn't want to tell me. Sorry that I forced your hand to help me and sorry that I'm such a nuisance who can't do anything right by himself but my parents sent Minho and Felix away on a useless errand and Changbin was too far so the gods really blessed me with your help but I am sorry that I probably ruined your evening plans. Did you have evening plans? Can I make it up to you somehow? I'm sorr-"

"Take a breath Hyunjin" While the apology was appreciated, he didn't need a million of them. Seungmin seriously worried the other would die from lack of oxygen and while Seungmin was tall it would be a nuisance indeed to bury the other. His tall limbs were a protection for people who wanted him harm. It was too much of a hassle to deal with him.

For some reason the other blushed even further and spluttered.

"What now?" he asked.

"You called me Hyunjin!" the other even twiddled his fingers together. Did he get lessons on how to be cute? Perhaps the royalty had experimented and switched tact and diplomacy with cuteness and hotness.