Chapter 44

A/N: Happy 200k words! Good job on reaching so far.  Lots of info in this chapter (most of which is factual and one or two items which I think they are but I didn't fact check - it's also a bit difficult since in this world there isn't technology but I tried to include scientific discoveries since those are different...also spray bottles were invented circa 1940 and that was annoying.) Some spice too (guess who had someone ask for a thigh fuck and then I even wrote it in my notes but then I wrote something else and had to change it during editing? That's right: me)

Only a few more chapters left of this and I'm excited to write other things. So many ideas and so little time. Before I was faster and now a chapter take me 7 days to write and edit:S

If anyone has fanart, please send them my way?

If you don't understand something and searching isn't any help, feel free to ask. I didn't want to include too many notes since this was long enough.

Chapter dedicated to @malefantasy_05 Thank you for upvoting.

-----------

Before Hyunjin could get to his plan, they had princely duties to attend to. At first it felt that with two people in charge, the load would be lighter but then he quickly realised that the work had doubled as people expected more of them.

Small disputes that had gone ignored for too long were brought to them. Administrative changes that needed approval. Stocks and inventories and purchase lists and planning lists for the winter. The cleaning of the granaries. A sudden horse disease that was spreading. So much to do! But thankfully Seungmin was proving that he wasn't just salty but salt-worthy.

With each new issue, he kept a priority list and shifted things around.

"We don't have to do something now. They have waited long enough that a few more days are understandable if we tell them a timeline by when things would be done"

So they prioritised. They were almost force-fed lunch by the kitchen staff who had knocked and entered without permission and brought with them thankfully light and not that messy dishes so they could continue working on reading important documents in between waiting for more people to come in for an audience. Since the lunch break was so short, it meant that by four in the afternoon, they had knowledge of all the tasks and a full priority list.

Hyunjin suggested a stroll in the village gardens (so people got used to seeing them outside and also because Hyunjin wanted to check the state of public gardens) and then a visit to the hut so they did exactly that.

"There's so many rose types! I never noticed before" Seungmin remarked as Hyunjin strutted to the bushes right in his element. For looking so beautiful they sure were hardy. A lot of them were resistant to pests; some of them however were delicate and used as a test for said pests. They would go on the rose bush first before crops thus saving precious produce. It was a beautiful plant with many uses and Hyunjin, unsurprisingly, loved roses. He loved making rose water and rose-scented products. He loved drying them and putting them in sachets to scent wardrobes and drawers. He loved taking baths with them. He loved receiving the. He loved enjoying them as he was just now: looking at them and smelling them.

"Mhm. These are David Austin roses. Well, one of the two hundred or so varieties. My family received it as a gift. Some noble wanted to show off since it takes nine years for the bush to be mature enough to sell and he wanted to brag how it had been in the making for so long but my mother didn't like the look of this one. Said it clashed with the other colours so I convinced them to place it here while commending the noble for his donation. It's actually one of my favourites and I was glad to have somewhere not in the castle where I could come to relax. That was before I started taking more care of our gardens personally though and I regret neglecting these garden" he caressed the plant and come off without bloody fingers.