Chapter 40

Chapter dedicated to @imhigh123 Thanks for upvoting

-------

"Good morning beloved"

Hyunjin teared up; there was the possibility to hear that each morning till they both had breath.

"Hey" he replied softly, throat full of lint – soft but choking him.

"Shall we rise to the revolution fiancée?" Seungmin asked, black hair fanned on the soft pillow.

"Technically, the revolution is over. Now it's the cleaning up which is necessary but no one tells you about. None of the books I've read mention what to do after you take over! Also...technically you're not my fiancée." Hyunjin huffed and held his ground despite wanting to call the other cute names. He wanted that proposal. The first one was nice; it was spur of the moment and needed; half-mature, half-what the hell are we doing but he was a romantic at heart and he wanted a grand gesture.

"You read books not related to plants or geography? I'm impressed. And don't worry baby, you'll get a great proposal. Please say yes though." Seungmin blushed demurely making Hyunjin pinch his cheek then he caressed both cheeks with the back of his hands. Seungmin's cheeks puffed in a smile and he retaliated by caressing Hyunjin's own cheeks with the back of his hands. Anyone seeing them right in this moment (and probably in general) would question their sanity since they were just caressing, grabbing and giggling. Fortunately, they were in Hyunjin's room and no one would dare come in.

Then he remembered the other reason why no one would come in. At least the staff.

He got up quickly and found some paper and ink to write with.

"Busy future King?"

"How does one even go about assigning household tasks?" he asked. This was one thing that he was not prepared for, mostly because it was his mother and the head housekeeper that took care of that but he had given all the staff some time off and he wasn't about to impose on the housekeeper. He wanted to learn.

"Well, make a list of all the things that need to be done and then we can guess who is best suited for the task and don't worry if you forget something. They will remind you." Seungmin was at his side. His heart fluttered a little. Sure this was a very mundane task but apart from you know almost starting (but then calming) a riot this was the first task they were doing together with the intention that they will rule together (well, there was the letter he wrote for King Minhyuk but that had been mostly him. Seungmin was just the anchor not the co-captain). Even their time in the desert and during meetings was to mitigate his father's actions but now they were really looking forward towards the future.

"Are you going to cry? You're trembling"

He looked down. His hand was indeed trembling and he had made a mess of the ink.

Oh gods. What if he made a mess of this?

His breathing was unsteady. It was difficult. How does one breathe? How is it usually so easy but now so hard?

"Hey, come here. It's okay. We're in this together" Seungmin opened his arms and Hyunjin immediately went inside the cocoon of safety and warmth. He tried to breathe normally and when he couldn't he 4-7-8 it until eventually he was breathing like usual although his nerves were through the high roof. He sighed. Never would he take breathing for granted especially after being poisoned and this, whatever this episode was. He should know what it was. He did know. He had read about it and knew which plants could help though never quite heal but at the moment, he couldn't remember anything.

"Here, let me write and you tell me all the tasks you've seen being done through the years and then we can add or remove ones we think are needed but were never done or chores that are unnecessary like are you going to take care of the gardens yourself?"