Chapter 48 - Epilogue

A/N: This journey came to an end...for now. There will be a few specials and as I mentioned before a prequel to this which may not be what you're expecting. However...words of encouragment would render a second short epilogue from Seungmin's pov. If there's interest, let me know because I feel like Seungmin's voice was missing in this. Do let me know what you think:)

Dedicated to @Florey01 Thanks for upvoting

---------

The dwellers gave them knowing looks but their mouths remained shut apart from when they thanked them for the delicious food they brought right before gobbling them up. Hyunjin was just grateful for Seungmin suggesting they also take preserves because those where the only thing left after that morning. Needless to say the dwellers were not patient. Hyunjin considered asking them to adopt him. They would probably get it done in a day.

Hyunjin went back home not sure if he had rested or not. His back felt broken (it wasn't), his ass ached and his neck look like it had been mauled by a wild animal (it was but only by a still careful one named Seungmin). His wrists and ankles had rope marks still imprinted though thankfully not rope burn. His eyes felt dry from all the crying and the dry air. His skin felt tacky and a good soak and scrubbing was the first thing he did in the privacy of their bathroom.

Despite all that, his mind was at rest.

It stayed happy and even elated when he went round both internal and external gardens and found his plants all well taken care of. The ones in their rooms too and he was sure that were he to check he'll find the same in the multiple public gardens he'd taken under his wing. His clover liked the soil back home too. He had taken one water flask and one closed jar of soil just for it but there was nothing like home soil.

Hyunjin was shocked when the clover didn't find itself around his wrist again.

"Is this it?" he said.

It seemed like the clover waved at him.

Hyunjin left feeling a bit sad and empty but then he smiled. He could always visit back knowing where the clover had settled – not its original place but in a prime spot in the indoor garden. The clover would have off-springs and they would grace and beautify the place. For all that people considered them weeds, Hyunjin had a soft spot for the common wild plant. There was a reason he had chosen it to represent him on his thigh.

Things went back to normal or rather what parameters they had set for their good functioning nation.

They worked. They loved. They laughed.

Sometimes they cried and shouted in frustration.

They consoled. They hugged. They remained stable supporting each other.

Cure-alls don't exist but they worked hard to require the least amount of cures possible.

Not the actual health cures of course; those Hyunjin had expanded as much as possible.

He felt more useful wearing his grey robes than the fancy clothes he still had to wear when meeting foreign dignitaries. He liked those as well though the comfortable clothing he had started to wear daily won on his list.

And yes...one day he let Seungmin defile him in said robes because it was inevitable that two things he loved would clash and combine. It had even been great.

"Oh healer, it hurts right here" Seungmin had said indicating his crotch "So bad, won't you help me?"

They had giggled as lot but the love making had been intense. Hyunjin had gotten into his role and helped out Seungmin really well.