Chapter 45

A/N: Next chapter will be exciting. I wanted to write one other fight scene because it's not realistic that there is no struggle after they took over. There's some sweet moments too and also I was watching a 'satisfying snow videos in Australia' type video and then I was like...Seungmin and an a........ read and see;)

Story dedicated to @besti1 thank you for upvoting!

--------

The Son clan were difficult to deal with. That was something they were known for. If you suggested something they would simply say 'No' and hold their ground until the other person got weary and gave up first. They were like overgrown children really and Hyunjin could see why his family had backhand deals with them but that only made their proclivity to 'No' more powerful.

"You cannot simply burst in the treasury. The treasury is for the people."

One of them snorted.

"The treasury is for nobles."

Hyunjin gritted his teeth while smiling, distorted.

"The treasury was used, wrongly, for nobles and their fat pockets but this isn't the case anymore. In case it escaped your notice, there was a change in leadership" Seungmin can be smooth and suave and coy and nonchalant and sweet with words but not sticky or oily. He could also just straight up tell you that you were being stupid.

"Semantics. Still the same family which we did our agreement with."

"Respectable leader Son" Hyunjin smiled "I was not aware of such an agreement and now that I am, I am going to break it. All agreements can be broken. If you do not wish to support us, you are free to move or remain. This is a free state and we do not expect everyone to agree with us but you're not going to take something that belongs to the people as personal possession. If you would be so kind as to let the guards escort you, there is no need for embarrassment. It was a simple misunderstand which I hope has now been resolved"

Misunderstanding his poor unfucked ass. They thought they could steamroll all over them because they were new but he couldn't exactly say that. He hated that his empathy still felt embarrassment for them. They didn't deserve it.

They of course didn't leave without a few more 'No's to which they also added shouting and several choice words.

Hyunjin owned it. "Why yes I do look like a harlot don't I? It's a respectable job seeing as so many are in need of the profession. Don't worry, from the treasury there is a part that goes to them should they be out of a job or wish to change professions. No need to worry about how you will pay them now that you have to reduce your budget although of course you won't be getting their services for free but thank you for liking my robe." He smoothed it; it felt good against his skin and he liked how it billowed slightly.

The next morning, he received another set of robes. Less sensual a truly happy occasion just the same. Seungmin eyed him up and down as if the herbal healer grey robes were the sexiest clothes Hyunjin had ever worn but Hyunjin put his foot down at least for now.

"We are not having sex in my work robes"

At least while they were still new. He wanted to build memories working and serving his people in those robes. It was still to be decided if he wanted to do the same for his husband in them.

Although he could serve him in his professional capacity.

"With this heat, I'm breaking out so much! I don't like it!" his partner whined.

Hyunjin gasped. "That's a great product to stock up on! So simple but people don't have time to make it nowadays. Thank you Seungminnie!" he exclaimed, confusing his partner even more when he kissed him on the cheek and mumbled 'where's the rice?', soon leaving for the hut in a rush.