CHAPTER 24 START OF BALL

~ASPEN POV~

1 month later

"Aspen. Aspen" I feel someone shake me awake.

 "What the fuck do you want" I growl still unable to open my eyes because of the light.

"Huh? What's going on?" Francesca stirs awake.  

"Father says you have to get ready, we're leaving for Mexico in a couple of hours to attend the ball" Matthew explains his sudden entrance into my room. I finally open my eyes and see Matthew standing on the side of my bed. 

"Okay fine, are we getting ready in Mexico or here?" I ask wiping my eyes.

"Here, when we get to Mexico we're heading straight to the ball, and then we're staying at a hotel there. The Mexicans said it was a 'treat' for all the guests, a night's stay at their prestigious hotel. Just get ready soon because we're leaving in a few hours to the airport" he says as he leaves my room.

I groan and look over to Francesca "come on", we start to get out of bed before my door swings open again. 

"Oh and there's a dress here dad wants you to wear it, he says dark red makes every guy go crazy and this one is for Francesca" he pulls a rack on wheels from the side of the door.

A beautiful red gown sits on the hanger, and a dark blue one sits on another hanger which I assume is Francesca's, damn okay.  "Okay thank you" I smile at him, clearly ecstatic with the dress he got me. 

"AH IT'S GORGEOUS" Francesca gleams, Matthew rolls it in and then leaves my room.

 "Let's get ready, I can't wait to put the dress on" Francesca beams, and runs to the bathroom, I head in after her and jump in the shower, and do my routine. Then I did my make-up and hair, walked over to my closet, and pulled out my heels.

I picked out a few gold necklaces and kept my diamond earrings on, finally time for this beautiful dress. I had a pretty hard time putting it on, I struggled a lot. "Do you need help?" Francesca laughs. 

"Yeah that would be nice," I say all disheveled with the dress half put on. We finally got it on together and I helped her put hers on.

"Oh fuck this is going to be hell on the plane" I whine, it's so uncomfortable and itchy.

 "Tell me about it, I'm already itchy" Francesca complains. I walk over to my closet mirror and look at myself.

*KNOCK*

"Come in" I yell for the person to hear me. 

"Everyone's ready to- wow you girls look great" Dave smiles and gives us a thumbs up.

 "Aw thank you" I smile. 

"Definitely going to get Kylo with that one" he laughs. 

"For sure" Francesca giggles.

 "Eh I don't know if that's what I'm going for, to be honest" I walk around my room gathering essentials, pajamas, and 2 extra outfits for Mexico. Kylo and I didn't really discuss what happened the night we were both drunk as hell. We both regretted it afterward, but I couldn't deny that it was the best sex I had ever had. 

We agreed not to talk about it or tell anyone, we hadn't really seen each other since the morning he left. We had yelled at each other, argued, and blamed each other for what happened.

 We had seen each other at meetings making subtle eye contact and the brief insults, but it usually wasn't more than that. We were both confused about how the other felt about that night and we didn't want to talk about it.