CHAPTER 5

~VOTE~COMMENT~SHARE~

~ASPEN POV~

"Did you see him? Did you? He's agh, I hate him so much. And that's not even the worst part, he fucking showed everyone my ass today. He always tests me and tries to push me past my limits to bother the fuck out of me, that asshole" I slam my hand on the wheel expressing my anger. 

"Honestly, it didn't look that bad" Francesca shrugs her shoulders. Francesca, Elena, Kash, and I are in the car heading to the house since the rest of the group took their cars home after the coffee shop.

"What do you think your dad wants to talk about?" She brings up my earlier excuse to leave.

"No idea, kinda scared not gonna even sugar coat it. He said it in one of his tones, so you know how that goes" I roll my eyes. His tones always mean either it's something he doesn't feel like doing or it's a lot of work that isn't going to do much for him in the end anyway.

We continued our way to the house conversing and talking about our first days of school and how they went. After a while, we finally made it to the gate and drove up to the guard's cubicle.

"Hey, Terry" I greet our guard at the entrance.

"Good afternoon Aspen, I hope your first days at school were good my children" he gives us a genuine smile and presses a button from inside his cubicle to open the gate for us. 

"Thanks, Terry" I thank him, driving around the golf cart parked in the middle of the pathway. Our land is about 20 acres we have a bunch of paths going to different places and that's why we use golf carts, we have gardens, stables for horses to go out on rides around the forests, and I do equestrian riding too. I jump them and ride around with them, my horse's name is Titan.

There is a path to the guest's house, the servant's houses, the arena for the horses so I can jump them and exercise them, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a bunch of other things.

This is my favorite house, it's in a more private area of North Carolina, secluded, and it's mostly where I grew up. We have hotels spread across the world though, and our own buildings and stuff like that. So we are always traveling around.

We spend most of our time here in North Carolina, but we go to New York, Florida, and California a lot. Mostly because of all the tourist traps. We open a lot of clubs and bars over there, so I go over for missions.

We drove up the round elevated driveway, made a swift movement, and parked the car. "Let's go" I unfasten my seatbelt and turn off the car.

My mom and dad were on the steps leading up to the house and waved our way. Beast jumped down all the steps and jumped into my arms.

"Hi, buddy," I say in a baby voice. He's genuinely the only thing that makes me happy, he's my soft spot. Nobody really takes advantage of it, he is my only weakness.

"Hey, guys! How was your first day of school?" My mom exclaims.

"Oh, it was amazing," I say sarcasm laced in my voice. "Yeah totally" Francesca agrees with my statement.

"It was great!" Kash beamed. 

"Yeah, it was fun!" Elena laughs.

"Oh great! I'm so glad!" She smiles and takes the two girls in a big hug.

Thunder strikes in the sky and Beast runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and throws himself on me. I lose my balance and fall on my ass. "Oh, bud. This has really gotta stop" I laugh and pet him.

"That dumb ass dog, we need to send him to training, I've been telling you for years now. He needs to learn that thunder isn't going to hurt him" My father rolls his eyes.