CHAPTER 44

~KYLO POV~ 

"If she's not here I'll lose my shit" I look over to Dante whilst continuing to walk towards the ice cream parlor.

"Uh I said she might be here, so don't get upset if she's not here" he chuckled to himself and I shot him a death glare.

"Why wouldn't she be here? I thought you guys were good?" Elijah asked with a confused expression, it took everything in me to push away my thoughts and realize where he was coming from.

"I was stupid, that's what happened" I took a deep breath not wanting to continue this stupid conversation.

I looked forward again, seeing Francesca, and scanning the perimeter trying to find her. "She's not here" my heart sank at the thought of me coming here for no reason.

"I wouldn't say that" Dante chuckles. I look over to the other side of the ice cream shop to where the bathrooms are and I see her exit.

My heart instantly warms, she's here.

As she walks over to her table the wind blows through her hair and she smiles pushing it back. She's wearing grey sweatpants and a black hoodie, it looks like pajamas, I love it. She sits down at the table with the rest of them eating her birthday-flavored ice cream.

"Don't go all crazy, be calm. Remember she's been through a lot" Dante says on my side, I nod my head and we proceed walking to them.

Camila runs over to them screaming Kash and Elena's names. They run to each other while the guys stay back, "still scared as ever huh?" Dante refers to the boys who stayed back and chuckles to himself.

"No, it's only weird when you guys are around we've actually hung around a lot since you guys were gone" Ace rolls his eyes.

Aspen and Francesca look beyond the girls hugging each other and their eyes fall on us. Aspen looks into my eyes with her smile quickly faltering, she rolls her eyes "who invited that asshole?" She speaks up.

"Aspen-" Francesca tries to protest but she quickly gets up from the table. I walk fast to try and keep up with her pace and turn to a slight jog until I catch up to her and grab her wrist.

"Let go of me, do not fucking touch me" she tries to pull her wrists from my hands.

"Please Aspen, can we talk?" I ask, my voice laced with pain.

"I have nothing to say to you Kylo" she looks at me in disgust, and my heart breaks a little.

"Let me do all the talking" I try to reason with her.

"You're a piece of shit I don't want to hear anything you want to say" she scrunches her nose and shakes her head. I pull her to the backside of the ice cream shop and pin her to the wall.

"You need to hear what I say because I will go fucking insane if you marry someone other than me" I whisper into her ear.

Her breath goes shallow and she leans into my touch, before she realizes what she's doing she backs up more into the wall.

"Then I guess you will go fucking insane, because I will not be marrying you" she looks at me from under her eyelids giving me a testing look.

I slam my hand on the wall on the side of her head and she slightly jumps at my action. I instantly regret it. I didn't mean to frighten her in any way, I would never hurt her.

"I would never hurt you," I say lowly guilty of my actions.

"But you already did" she whispers. 

"I didn't mean it, I would never intentionally hurt you. We both went through a lot, I thought you wanted nothing to do with me and you were turning your back on us. I got jealous when I heard there was another guy in the picture. I can't imagine another guy putting their hands on you. Again, Aspen, I would never want to purposely hurt you" I looked at her with a pained expression.