CHAPTER 25

~ASPEN POV~

"Oooh look how pretty there's a red carpet!" Kash gushes. 

"Okay let's go, stay close, and act nice" My father warns as we all get out of the car. We move together my father makes me go in first with Francesca. My parents, Elena and Kash trail behind us, next Diana and Matthew go in, then last are Arlo and Lily are in the back of all of us. I hate being the center of attention, everyone's eyes are on us as we walk down the stupid fucking carpet.

Oh, he's hot.

A guy gives me a smile, oh shit, hi handsome. I smile back at him and he walks away into the crowd.

 "Oh found your target for tonight," Francesca says while still holding a smile so people won't get the idea that we are talking. 

"Mmm maybe, did you see him?" I continue smiling and we finally made it to the door. I wipe off my fake smile, as I walk into the ball, "finally we're done with the grand entrance" I roll my eyes.

"Good job guys, Aspen come with me, I want you to meet a few people. Kash and Elena, go to the kid's room" he points to a room and I catch a glimpse of a bunch of kids her age. 

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, go get a drink or some hot guy" I smirk at Francesca.

"Don't forget about me" she laughs and walks away towards the bar.

"More options?" I fake smile with my teeth. 

"Yes just a few more options to choose from, come we're going to meet with Miguel's son" he starts walking and I follow. Miguel's son? Hopefully, he's the guy I saw earlier.

"Michael! It's great to see you!" The guy embraces my dad in a side hug. 

"Hello Miguel, this is my daughter Aspen" my father introduces me. 

"Oh, I finally get to meet the famous Aspen" he chuckles. "Oh, how could I forget, this is my son Quinn" a guy comes from behind him, not Mr. handsome I saw earlier, but this guy is hot.

"Hola hermosa" he flashes me a smile. 

"Well Miguel and I are going to get a drink, we will be back" my dad gives me a look and walks off with Miguel. 

"Would you like something to drink?" Quinn asks. 

"Oh sure that would be nice" I smile. He grabs my hand and we walk over to the bar, as we place our orders, I see Kylo out of the corner of my eye with some random-

 Daliah. Fucking Daliah. What the fuck? It wouldn't bug me as much if it were another girl, but that fucking whore, their mafia was literally threatening all of us a month ago. They said that they didn't want to have bad blood with any of us, but we were all told to keep our guards up just in case.

I look over to Francesca and she watches everything play out, 'keep cool, don't lose it, he's not worth it' she mouths to me, worry plastered all over her face.

As I grab my drink I look over to Kylo, and we make cold hard eye contact. 'Really Daliah?' I mouth to him and shake my head in disgust, he smirks as if he had won something between us.

He breaks our eye contact and pulls Daliah towards him, he glances at me and then closes the space between their lips.  Then he starts full-on making out with Daliah, who he was just flirting with, is he trying to make me jealous? "Such a fucking turn off," I say low enough for no one to hear me. He pulls away from Daliah smirking at me and I just roll my eyes, I can play that game.

I get close to Quinn and make it seem as if I'm whispering something seductive in his ear, "I'm bored" I whisper not knowing what to say, and pull away from his ear smirking at Kylo.