CHAPTER 22

~ASPEN POV~

"The families are coming over soon get ready" my dad peeks into my room.

"Okay, I'm going to jump in the shower" I answer. I ended up sleeping the entire car ride,  then I came home and slept until 1 pm, and I took Titan out on a trail ride. 

Then I came back to the house and watched Money Heist with Beast, now the Petrovs, Marinos, and Rossi's are coming at 8. Apparently, we're going to have a civilized dinner and talk business, which probably means talking about the war between the French, Spaniards, and Germans.

I slide my clothes down my body and turn the handle of the shower all the way to the right, the hot side, and wait for the steam to take over the shower.

Once the steam has taken over the shower I get in and let the warm water trickle down my body. I grab my shampoo massaging it into my scalp and then rinsing it out in the burning water. I apply conditioner to my ends and grab my brush to comb out my knots, and curls. I then grab my lavender-scented soap and scrub it all over my body. After I'm done I rinse off the soap and the conditioner in my hair, the whole bathroom smells like lavender it's so calming.

I open my shower door and grab the towel off the holder and wrap it around my body. I walk out into my room and look for something to wear, I could wear a suit and act like I'm the shit, or I could rock this dress.

What if I show up in pajamas? My father would murder me. I'm going to wear this sequin spaghetti strap slit dress, I think it's a little too much, but everyone always dresses nicely for these meetings so whatever.

I hear my door burst open as soon as I grab the hanger the dress is on from my closet. "Who is it?" I call out. The figure enters my closet, "oh hey" I smile at Francesca.

"You need to hurry up, everyone just got here" she answers in a rush.

"Can you help me put these necklaces around my neck while I put my heels on, please" I hand her my jewelry.

"Oh my god Aspen, why are you always so late" she rolls her eyes.

I shrug my shoulders as I fit into my silver heels. "You look good" I smirk at her. She's wearing a silky burgundy dress that hugs perfectly around her body.

"Aw, thanks babe" she smiles at me. "Okay you're done," she says clipping the last necklace. I quickly put on my bracelets and lightly push her out of my closet.

"Oh look who's in a hurry now" she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I don't want to miss anything they're going to say at the meeting. " I answer speed walking down the hallway to the stairs. "Come on Beast, hurry up" I call for Beast who is still in my room. As we approach the stairs we slow down our pace, getting the attention of the people downstairs. My eyes wash over all the people and then stick to Kylo as we make cold hard eye contact.

Francesca and I keep our trek down the stairs slowly and majestically. My father waits at the bottom of the stairs to take my hand, as I approach him he grabs my hand and smiles.

"As all of you know this is my daughter Aspen and her best friend Francesca. They will be joining us tonight. Go and greet them" he whispers the last part in my ear.

I muster a fake smile and walk over to the first group in line, the Petrovs. "Nice to see you again Maxim" I smile holding out my hand.

He pulls me in by my hand and gives me a hug, "I have missed you, my friend, I can't wait to work with you" he smiles big. He stands with who I'm guessing is his brother who looks Kash's age, his mother, and his father. I smile at them and slightly tilt my head down.