CHAPTER 27

~ASPEN POV~

"EVERYONE PLEASE GATHER IN FRONT OF THE STAGE. CHILDREN MUST GO TO THE DESIGNATED KID ROOMS" the man yells into the microphones. He looks towards me and glances at Beast before picking up his microphone again. "That goes for dogs as well!" He adds to his previous statement.

"If they're hiding the kids and the dogs it means they are up to no good" I shake my head and look down at Beast. I look over to see Kash and Elena going into the 'Kids Room'. "Wait up" I call for them, they stop in their track and walk towards us.

"What happened?" Kash speaks up.

"I need you to take Beast, take good care of him. Here's his leash you need to hold him because I'm sure Bella will be there as well. I don't know how he's going to react around her when I'm not there" I start putting on Beast's leash and securing his collar so he doesn't cause any problems.

"Uh, are you sure? You never let me be around him unless you're there" Kash looks at me for reassurance. 

"Well we don't really have an option, I only say that because I constantly want him around me. But he's not going to do anything just be stern with your commands" I pat his head one more time and he looks at me with a worried expression. "I'll be fine, be a good boy" I scratch his ear. "Go on and take good care of him" I shoo the girls away, and they shoot me a thumbs up.

"Let's go see what's in store for us" Francesca huffs. 

Everyone starts making their way in front of the stage and we all form a pretty big crowd. "Thank you for participating in this year's main event" the guy spoke into the microphone.

 "It's not like we have any choice," I say lowly only for Francesca to hear. 

"Literally" she agrees.

"I'm happy to see new and familiar faces! I hope you guys are having a great time and enjoying yourselves, making great business deals. However, I'm not here to bore you, so let's get straight into it" he smirks. 

"I don't like that smirk," I say worriedly.

 "Just hope for something not too crazy" I look over to Francesca closing her eyes.

"This year we will be participating in a partial masquerade ball" his lips form a grin. 

"Okay, not bad" Francesca shrugs. 

"There's a catch," I say quickly.

"The women will be wearing the masks and their significant other must identify them. The women will be wearing a mask and some sort of lingerie, once they are let out you must find your woman. Then once you have found your partner the woman must give you a lap dance so that we are aware that you have found your partner. After the lap dances are over there will be a series of games to compete in" he smirks.

"Uh, what about us we don't have a 'significant other'" Francesca whispers. 

"I'm afraid he's getting there," I say with a worried expression.

"For the single men and women out there, you must find another single person and claim them as your partner. First come first serve, if a man picks you, you must not put up any fight. He is your partner for the time being" he explains.

"Oh my god, you have to be kidding me" I facepalm. 

"At least you aren't going to be stuck with a weird old man right?" She puts her two hands facing up and shrugs her shoulders. 

"I don't know if that would be worse or better" I pinch the brink of my nose. 

"Hopefully some hot ass guy will pick me" she gets lost in her own world.