9.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |• •| ⊱✿⊰ |•
Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

When Nina had woken up, Matteo was no longer by her side. The reminiscences of last night quickly re-entered her mind as she sat up and stared at the wall in front of her. Jesus Christ. Those were the only words that could play through her head as her cheeks became flushed. She couldn't even believe she had participated in something so obscene... and she had a feeling that didn't even come close to Matteo's definition of obscene.

The door swung open and Nina's body jumped, her thoughts racing as she examined the shirtless Matteo in front of her. Not only was he shirtless, but he also was covered in sweat which made his visible abs glisten.

"Nina, good morning." Matteo followed Nina's eyes down to his chest and embarrassment washed over her. She only started planning her death after she saw the smirk on his face. "Sorry for being... shirtless, I just came back from working out."

"I don't mind." That's not what Nina meant to say. Her face only became more red. "I meant... it's okay. I don't care, but- not in the way that you're thinking..." Nina's voice slowly trailed off as Matteo walked closer. Hugging her waist with her arms, she tried to ignore the fact that their faces were only inches away. 

"You blabber when you're nervous, do you know that?" Matteo shoved his hands into the pockets of his grey sweatpants while eyeing Nina up and down. 

Of course she knew that. Nina would get told multiple times a day that she talked too much in high school and part of college... that's why she had become so quiet. It's not like she was actually quiet, her thoughts were more than amusing. Her thoughts would get her fired, especially when Matteo's sweaty body was so close to hers. 

"Yeah... I know. I'm sorry." Why was she apologizing?

Matteo thought the same thing because he let out a 'tsk' before grabbing Nina's jaw with one hand, continuing to stare into her now frantic eyes. All he could think about was taking her on the floor right now, especially with the way that she was looking at him. She carried desire in her eyes. He didn't know why he had grabbed her jaw, but he knew he had to make Nina feel better. What better way than giving a masochist an adrenaline rush? But, still... why?  Why did he feel the need to want to make Nina feel better?

Really, how long has he even known this loathsome woman for? Not loathsome... what was loathsome to Matteo was the feelings he felt developing. It hadn't even been a week since he met her and he already felt like the world was crumbling underneath him. Crumbling in a way he couldn't understand.

Matteo looked away, still holding Nina's jaw, but Nina did something unexpected. Nina got on her tippy toes and placed a kiss on Matteo's cheek. How could an action so simple make Matteo so skittish? The kiss was so gentle he was afraid he was going to fucking melt. Matteo's whole body stiffened up. It was his wall.

"I thought you liked affection." Nina was trying to be what Matteo wanted. She shrugged her shoulders and tried to piece together his reaction. He had originally been so pushy about aftercare. 

She didn't understand the constant need to please him, but she had to thank him somehow for yesterday. He took care of her. Instead, she received a look of pure panick in Matteo's eyes.

Matteo quickly regained his composure. "No, I don't." Lies. He cleared his throat and released the grip off of Nina's jaw. "I'm going to take a shower. There's breakfast downstairs."

Nina dug her nails into the palm of her hand due to the overwhelming amount of disappointment she felt as she watched Matteo walk out of the room . Great, she had managed to make him uncomfortable and she didn't even understand why. Nina let out a frustrated grunt before taking off her shirt and throwing back on the dress from last night. Nina's phone lay on the nightstand, two missed calls from her mother making her nerves even more jittery.